Sachs 301 CDI Replacement / De-restriction

farcry88

Local time
9:04 PM
Here is my awesome Easy Rider Sachs powered bicycle that I purchased from the original owner around 6 months ago. I do love it, however it is tremendously under powered. I would like to remove the power or rev limiter restrictions, so I can have a little bit more fun with it. There is a person selling a replacement coil on Gumtree for $260 - Ouch! I would like to know how this works, because I believe it is bypassing the factory CDI unit? I know it's possible to make your own CDI and even modify the original one. I'm just reluctant to do this, as parts for these bike in Australia are expensive and hard to get.

20210425_123442(1).jpg
20210425_123449(1).jpg

Let me do some digging & see what info I can come up with. BTW that's a neat setup on that bike of yours. I really like the hd wheel setup the use.

Ok here is some info for you. Do a search on this site: (sachs 301/A or rotary cdi restriction removal) that's a older style cdi box there showing, but you should be able to carefully open your blue box cdi & do the same thing. Also if your flywheel only has a single magnet, you could purchase a nova ii electronic ignition conversion & use that.

Ok here is some info for you. Do a search on this site: (sachs 301/A or rotary cdi restriction removal) that's a older style cdi box there showing, but you should be able to carefully open your blue box cdi & do the same thing. Also if your flywheel only has a single magnet, you could purchase a nova ii electronic ignition conversion & use that.
Thanks very much for that. I'll do a search and see what I come up with. I bought the bike with those tyres on it. I paid $100 for it, not running. And I just did basic carby clean and spark plug clean, and she runs pretty well.

Check out this link below. This seller claims that I can bypass the original CDI box and coil and just replace it with the new coil which has an inbuilt CDI. He also claims this will give me around 7KPH more top speed. I just want the engine to rev freely and produce the amount of power it is designed to have. This bike reminds me of all the anti polution gear they put on cars in the 70's and they never would run as well as the cars without it.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cau...-rotary-performance-coil-cdi-combo/1255029557

How much is a standard cdi box like you got on there now? Case things dont go good trying to open cdi box up. At least you would have a spare on hand. I think you could easily bypass the cdi.

How much is a standard cdi box like you got on there now? Case things dont go good trying to open cdi box up. At least you would have a spare on hand. I think you could easily bypass the cdi.
$150 for a OEM Coil. and $180 for a OEM CDI. $300 for carburetor. <My new electric bike is looking better and better. I would be keen to open my CDI unit up, although the tutorials are really not that good. and $180 for a small slip of the knife.. hmm maybe not.

Back