SAFE TOP SPEED FOR MB -- is ???

What do you feel is the maximum SAFE speed for a motorized bicycle?

• 20 or less

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • 25 or less

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • 30 or less

Votes: 74 24.5%
  • 35 or less

Votes: 62 20.5%
  • 40 or less

Votes: 37 12.3%
  • Any speed you can reach...

Votes: 74 24.5%

• Total voters
seems that all in all at this point in time anyway

most motorized bicycle riders wish to call a safe speed to be riding MBs

between 25 to 35 mph.....................

sound like a pretty sane bunch -- as we ride that thing sideways

I've got a downhill commute to work for 6 miles. With no engine, I've peaked at 65 kph but I'm very comfortable at 50 kph (30 mph).

Cyclists regularly ride downhill at over 50 kph, so handling speed is a competency thing.

However, if the regulators said 30 mph, I'd very happy with that. In Australia, it's a big fat zero.

HybriDude, I see you have been demoted to Newbie just for changing one letter in your name. That's a bit tough along the lines of three strikes and you're out sort of thing. I cannot work out if I'd rather freewheel 6 miles downhill to work and motor 6 miles uphill home or the reverse. Like is it best to take a rostered day off on a monday or a friday. I say monday but most want fridays.

cabin fever. that might of been me .im sure i posterd something about my engine falling off at 30. it was a while ago but i brned my feet up. dont wear flip flops while riding. lol but the engine and everything worked still. motor mounts broke under the vibrations.

Personally, I'd say 35, but it all comes down to personal preference and how skilled a driver you are.

HybriDude, I see you have been demoted to Newbie just for changing one letter in your name. That's a bit tough along the lines of three strikes and you're out sort of thing. I cannot work out if I'd rather freewheel 6 miles downhill to work and motor 6 miles uphill home or the reverse. Like is it best to take a rostered day off on a monday or a friday. I say monday but most want fridays.
Difference experience uphill - the purr of the HT in my ears. It's lovely either way.

Back