safety check before riding

The teeth on the clutch are over 6mm wide I need 40 chain to go round the clutch and to the first jackshaft sprocket only, the main chain is 415

If you fire up the engine and idle it up to where the clutch engages you can use a grinder and make the teeth thinner. I've done this before, I wouldn't recommend it though

the sprocket on the outside of the jackshaft is quite thick, 415 just barely fits on it, is there a problem with using a wider chain than designed for?

Okay, I have finished my Honda gx160 bike, I'm just waiting for a wider chain to fit the clutch (can you use #40 chain on a 415 sprocket, bearing in mind that the 415 sprocket is a machined one, which is slightly wider than the stock 44 tooth sprocket). I'm just looking for someone to look over some pictures before I go for a ride, I'm worried it could be slightly dangerous and would like someone more experienced to look out for anything obvious that could be a problem or suggest any advice before I ride it. Thanks
That exhaust is balls grill literally,.

If you do chain alignment is crucial. Having two large a chain can cause it to essentially "fall off" by folding off the teeth
the chain will be tight with a chain tensioner, the chain alignment is pretty good as I spent a long time getting it good when I bolted the motor down. with a tight chain and good alignment, would it be alright?

the chain will be tight with a chain tensioner, the chain alignment is pretty good as I spent a long time getting it good when I bolted the motor down. with a tight chain and good alignment, would it be alright?
It should be just fine then. My go kart has a very thin axle sprocket, and if my chain alignment isn't perfect it will come off constantly with 40 chain

It should be just fine then. My go kart has a very thin axle sprocket, and if my chain alignment isn't perfect it will come off constantly with 40 chain
okay, is there a way to check for cracks in the frame, with such a powerful engine, even with the gearing only allowing the bike to do 25 WOT
how could I check for cracks

Back