Safety Safety & Maintainence Tips from MB.c's Members

augidog said:
should be clear here: this has nothing to do with spookytoothcycles.com, roland's a stand-up guy :)
this is true, I have met him a few times, and while very animated(full of energy), he has always treated me and azvinnie very well and professionally

and now, for my contribution to tips...
always assume that cars don't see you and will cut you off
and generally ignore you
they know that a bike vs car = car wins
cars are not expecting us to be moving as fast as we do and therefore require even more diligence than a non-motoredbike

azkronic said:
cars are not expecting us to be moving as fast as we do and therefore require even more diligence than a non-motoredbike

exactly right.
they will look right at you & pull on out in front of you!!

japat100 said:
safety tip.. nuts that are free ,and are not checked ,sooner or later will unwind them self from the thread ,and drop off ,never to be seen again

japat100

hey japat, this dint have anything to do with a 10mm wrench, did it?

sounds more like a life lesson. (in the making)

Am I reading too much into this? (I think not) ;)

and.....don't ride in flip-flops.....wear some shoes!!

japat100 said:
safety tip.. nuts that are free ,and are not checked ,sooner or later will unwind them self from the thread ,and drop off ,never to be seen again

japat100

That one got solved in a Loctite discussion: FINGERNAIL POLISH...
Read the ingredients, "nylon".

Last 4 I've put through the paces, since reading that discussion, had zero loose, 40 miles on bumpy highway, full bore....

Except for the ladies chain guard on the one I just pulled into the driveway, (forgot to do those two :???: ) but that tip can be etched in the MB.com bible.

btw: a neighbor told me tonight somebody sent her an e-mail, with a video of a MB hitting a car.... :eek: California she said.

If I get the link, shall I post it here???

i have to admit that there was a double meaning in my last post ,, i am a strong believer in freedom of speech and other peoples opinion ,and if someone over steps there boundary they only harm themselves ,in others words ,,give them enough rope and they will hang them self ,,

sad to hear that there may be a video of a accident that there is a mb involved ,,i guess we can expect that the laws will tighten up as these mb become more popular ,there are rules and regulations for everything under the sun and i am sure that these mb will not escape ,, at the same time it is not all bad i am sure you would want your kids etc. to be qualified and have all the tools necessary to make riding safe ,as the member of this forum grows in the thousands i have no doubt that law makers will be interested in our opinion on safety matters etc .as far as i know this site has more information on mb then any other site in the world and is only getting started ,

don"t ever ride without a helmet ,brain damage is a terrible thing ,,
i know all about it ,,2 plus 2 is ,..,...,.,,, =3
japat100

Safety tip number 1:

Never, never tell your partner how much you spend on motored bikes.

go you good thing said:
Safety tip number 1:

Never, never tell your partner how much you spend on motored bikes.

very good safety tip, ..your motored bikes should be equipped with a 1 man tent ,food enough to last a week ,,full of gas, and ready to go

japat100

Here's my travel tool bag, I color code my 10/11 mm wrenches and sockets (going blind i think). I take 2 of the GEBE 4-1 wrenches, and there that "duct tape on a pencil", a tube of grease....

21_2007_0722bikefishkill0012_1.jpg

The bag was for a collapsable umbella found at goodwill for .75 cents, and I hold it with whatever you call those things- "bungee balls"????

21_2007_0722bikefishkill0014_1.jpg

In the left travel bag on the basket are spare tube, belt, drive shaft, in the right bag is 2 cycle oil and a syringe. In a crunch the 2cycle oil will serve as wd40 or sewing machine oil substitute, the syringe makes for easy dabbing....

Zip ties and handi wipes are also close by.

azkronic said:
phoenix said:
Never go against the grain of the administration..... :(
Understand and obey.
Do as you're told.
Don't rock the boat.
Appreciate augi or he'll get PO'ed.
Enjoy the hobby regardless of affiliations.

quote from spooky forum
bikeguy joe said:
I heard it through the grapevine that everyone was unbanned....I guess that was just for show since that place is in trouble.

I won't go back there.

It's not about controlling people and being rude, it's about helping and spreading the word

what's the matter ? got tired of trash talking us to no-one there?

just a bump to clarify who I was quoting ( I edited it better this time)
sorry if I caused any un-intentional confusion :eek:

Back