inspectorcritic

Local time
7:33 AM
Went out bought new pair boots last week used my bike got off, look down notice my boot laces were untied about a foot and a half strung out. If that would have entangled with my drive chain it would have amputated my foot and then caused a serious wreck with more injuries on top of it.

Cut your shoe or boot laces short just enough to tie them. I have noticed they always install them so damn long for causing accidents even just plain walking!

Look at these stupid assholes do you ride your motorized bike in the center lane of of a goddamn freeway? You should watch Youtube bicycle car accident to see if you can become a pro at avoiding accidents, I'm seeing similar circumstances.

saw that before - nothing to be done when off ramp of road is on the right of normal shoulder

we have a LOT of roads like that here (none of them freeways) just 45mph roads with no bike lane anywhere near a right hand turn off - if he had been on shoulder, then he'd have been underneath anyone turning right at 45mph when he tried to ride across the right turn-only exit

saw that before - nothing to be done when off ramp of road is on the right of normal shoulder

we have a LOT of roads like that here (none of them freeways) just 45mph roads with no bike lane anywhere near a right hand turn off - if he had been on shoulder, then he'd have been underneath anyone turning right at 45mph when he tried to ride across the right turn-only exit

I would take a totally different route, in that case, its not worth getting killed.

I got a daylight flasher 100 lumens 6 different modes adjustable from REI named Hot-Shot they range from
IMG_20180908_105317982_HDR.jpg
50 lumens to 150 lumens.
I have a luggage rack so if I rolled up my coat or some other item it would block the light if I installed it on my seat post.

So, I installed it on my helmet off-center point in the way of traffic. Is what I did for a mount took the flat bracket off a CDI applied Gorilla Epoxy to secure it. The flasher snaps on and off.

Got 4-lumen flasher on my luggage rack but keep on forgetting to turn it off this way when I take off my helmet I know to turn off the light.

Next concept: Will the light get me killed it's so damn bright it might cause road-rage! I remember seeing on TV news a bicyclist with bright light in daytime would not dim his lights when a semi-truck signal him. Caught on video turn around and ran him down!

Another will cause blindness that a driver still flashes not to see me run me over. I heard that on some a cop can't pull them over because blind to the light!

Last edited:
Look at these stupid assholes do you ride your motorized bike in the center lane of of a goddamn freeway? You should watch Youtube bicycle car accident to see if you can become a pro at avoiding accidents, I'm seeing similar circumstances.

The bicycle riders were riding legally. If you want to get technical, the two riders would have been better off claiming the entire lane.

The truck driver was not only an as***le (for a myriad of reasons) but he was also in violation of road laws. The wreck happens because the truck driver went straight when he was in a turning lane.

R
The bicycle riders were riding legally. If you want to get technical, the two riders would have been better off claiming the entire lane.

The truck driver was not only an as***le (for a myriad of reasons) but he was also in violation of road laws. The wreck happens because the truck driver went straight when he was in a turning lane.

Right or wrong you can be dead right on traffic law if it makes one feel any better, me I would say that's extremely too dangerous find a new route even if I had to zig-zag through neighborhoods.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back