SailorBiker says howdy.

Welcome :D

With a 50 tooth you will have to put plenty of refreshments in that front basket just to keep the front wheel on the ground!

Sorry for the tech spread in the hello section.I'm new here and was excited to get a response.I'll post in tech from now on.
I'm not sure how to move this thread over there but I sure have no objections if an admin wants to do it.
If anyone else has any interest in my project you'll find it in tech.
Thank You
SB

I know smaller wheels have more torque. so would he be able to use a 36 tooth sprocket and the small wheels would compromise and it would even out to a 24/26 with 44? I am not bothering to do any math, im just curious lol

By the way, welcome! :D

SailorBiker said:
Sorry for the tech spread in the hello section.I'm new here and was excited to get a response.I'll post in tech from now on.
I'm not sure how to move this thread over there but I sure have no objections if an admin wants to do it.
If anyone else has any interest in my project you'll find it in tech.
Thank You
SB
no need to move this, but you can start a new 'project' in tech :D
and thanks for being so considerate, there has been little of that around here lately :eek:

editted for spelling

welcome

Hi sailor Greg,
welcome to MBc, if you should ever sail by the long beach peninsula of washington state do drop by and say hi there are about 4 of us here...it sounds like you got a winner of an idea!
Good luck on all your endeavors and happy motoring! :cool: :D

I would just go with a 26" beach cruiser then fabricate a bike holder on the stern side of your boat.
...but that folding bike idea is way cool.

Yes the pedals go by. You will need about a 20 tooth sprocket, you can probably get one from a gear set. If it is too narrow for the chain you could marry two together, then fabricate a mount. I was thinking about using it with my 22' McGregor as a get around bike on Catalina Island. I am sorry about the late post, I have some (Major) med issues to deal with, supposed to come out OK. Have fun, Dave
SailorBiker said:
Egor, Ya pegged it mate! That is the folding type frame that I ordered.$89.00 from rvtoyoutlet.com.I'm not really interested in the folding part until I break it all down and secure for sea.
It looks as though I'm going to have trouble with the rear drive sprocket vs the 20 inch wheel.The sproket in the kit is described as a 50 tooth so even if I get it to fit I will need to go to fewer to teeth for top end.
On the bike that you have does the peddle crank clear the motor?.
If this does not work I'm thinking about a chain drive rear mount motor combo from GEBE.Anyone with experience with that rig? I'd like more than 49cc but if I'm stuck with that size I want a 2 stroke for the extra power it can make.
wow thanks for posting the pic it makes feel as if there is hope! :D
SB

Back