Salt water damage?

Risk Man

Local time
6:29 PM
Anyone have any experience fixing electric bikes submerged in salt water? I have a chance on two one year old Pedigo Platinum bikes damaged by Ian. They look ok from the pictures but they do not run according to the owner.

Thanks,

Dennis

Salt Water???...Forget it, Don't Do It...It will be endless problems....You do insurance risks for a living...I think you guys on the other end of the business call cars and trucks that have been submerged in salt water "Floodies" due to hurricane flood conditions, and I believe they are automatically written off as "totaled"...lol...Salt water in any electronics is a loss...It truly is a Risk Man...lol.

Salt Water???...Forget it, Don't Do It...It will be endless problems....You do insurance risks for a living...I think you guys on the other end of the business call cars and trucks that have been submerged in salt water "Floodies" due to hurricane flood conditions, and I believe they are automatically written off as "totaled"...lol...Salt water in any electronics is a loss...It truly is a Risk Man...lol.
all true.. but I thought maybe someone has done salvage work... which is what this is... might be able to get these bikes for less than $150 each... thought parts might be worth it...

but I thought maybe someone has done salvage work
That was the reason I was mentioning that claims adjusters in your business just total these things outright, they pretty much know that once electronics are damaged by the infusion of salt water, there is no coming back from that.

Everything would have to be replaced. circuit boards, drives, controllers, all wiring, batteries, any lighting on it, and the list goes on, the replacement parts for those ebikes will cost more than just buying one new.

Agreed.. was thinking the hard compoumight be worth a few bucks like heavy front wheel, forks etc.., but unless it was almost free, does not make sense to deal with.. was thinking a $100 offer but even that is too much $$$ I guess

Agreed.. was thinking the hard compoumight be worth a few bucks like heavy front wheel, forks etc.., but unless it was almost free, does not make sense to deal with.. was thinking a $100 offer but even that is too much $$$ I guess
Were they under sea water, or was it mostly rain flood? $100 is a fair price for both as parts machines.

My father and I rebuilt a florida boat ruined in one of the hurricanes 2003/2004 ish. Literally everything had to be replaced except for the gas tank, steering wheel, and steering cables. Salt water will destroy every single thing on those bikes.

Back