Salutations and hello

Local time
2:40 AM
I love the site and have gone green over the quality of the custom builds.

I have 3 motorised bikes at the moment but i am looking to purchase some new rides to add to my personal stock.

Unfortunately i have no mechanical capability or interest in developing it even though i own a mech engineering company - go figure! So i need to buy fully completed bikes from someone who knows how to buld them properly.

I am looking to buy 2 new bikes immediately - a fully sick motorised mountain bike and an equally classic cruiser style - i will have an add in the buy and sell area in the very near future.

Further more i have a few friends locally (Tasmania, Australia) who are interested in starting an off-road motorised bicycle racing club so if you have any ideas please let me know where to look.

Welcome to MBc, Mike!
We have sponser links on the left side of the page, and your placing a comment in the buy/sell forum might get you hooked up with a custom builder.:D:cool:

Summer time seems to bring out major enjoyment from everyone!
Its a tsunami of new members from "down under" where its warm,,,,and I'm jealous. Again, Welcome!

Papa

thanks for the welcome

Thanks guys and yes Aussies are growing in numbers - i was suprised myself at the number using the site.

Also thanks for the link - i am realy enjoying the flow of information.

Can anyone sugest a custom builder who might want to do a special for me?:D

it takes about a week for everyone to check in here...we have a few very good builders here who might be interested, but what about global shipping? is that a concern?

Custom bike

I realise that shiping may cost up to $600 but i am not too concerned with that provided i can get the right bike(s) - basically nothing in the custom arena is happening in Australia and the caliber of some of the bikes i have seen on this site prove that quality is worth paying for. There is also potential for a market here particularly for radical custom mountain bikes.:)

Welcome Mike,
You could start the "custom arena". The true custom bike for you is the one you build. You will enjoy it a million times better than any bike made for you. The pride that comes with riding something you built is great. I had no patience for skills before I got here, but like you I was inspired by all the "custom" bikes" and built 2 bikes I'm extremely proud of. None of it could have been done without the help of everyone here.
I really encourage you to try and build your own. Borrow ideas from here, take your time and have fun.
That's just my honest opinion from experience. There are a few guys here who build bikes though, that I would be honored to buy a bike from.
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your honesty Scotm and nice to meet you:).

I think one day given different circumstances i may embark on the road to manual enlightenment but i just dont have the facilities or time at the moment.
I have had a career where i design custom components and engineering facilities - thats my thing - never have i done manual work so at this stage i will have to settle with enjoying someone elses creativity but you are right - i would get more pleasure from my own creation - a future goal.

Back