San Diego Area Powder-coat? where to go?

Title mostly says it all- any reliable shops around here that you know of?
When I had my bike done I found a guy on kijiji probably craigslist for you. I paid $100.00. To have it powder coated. I easily spent twice that on paint and primer on my second build.

I'll be using rattle cans for my bike. It'll have a black matte base coat, Galaxy Blue over that and finally a light coat of USC Spray Max 2k High Gloss Clearcoat. That last product hardens chemically(deadly) so it's much more resilient and can stand up to the occasional gas spill. The paint is activated with the firm press of a button on the can and the paint will harden in the can if not used. To be clear the fumes are deadly so an appropriate respirator is required. AND your in California with prop 65. I guess I understand why you want to have it professionally powder coated. Unfortunately I don't know of any.

Why powder? It’s durable and smooth and I don’t have to do it. I have spent thousands of hours wet sanding custom guitars to get absolutely perfect finishes- the tiniest sag or run can be a complete PITA. Or I can prep the steel and let someone else provide the finish.

And yes- California sucks- I might end up with you in Texas- I promise to leave the liberal stench behind if I do.

Back