San Diego (CA) ?

thanks

Thanks for comments. Yes I am looking at buying with Staton. What I am reading they sound pretty reliable. and 4 stroke sounds like the way to go. Do police give you any problems in San Diego beach areas.
Jennifer

I guess this is more of a question than a "get together", but it could be both!

Where's a nice, safe, place to ride in San Diego? I live on the North end of the county, and close to Torrey Pines/La Jolla/Del Mar. Our roads are so congested, it freaks me out a little to ride in traffic. Any suggestions?

Anyone ever want to form a ride in San Diego? Maybe ride up around the beaches or something?

Hi erickster --- well my Subaru 35cc arrived today --- and it is mounted on my mountain bike --- test rides went GREAT --- have you ever thought about a ride in the East County ??? Going down to the City tomorrow for a long ride --- Mountainman

East county ride

I'm out in Poway so I'd love to have a group ride out here in the hills.
:eek:

Would love to ride with a group. I'm in Oceanside. Seems that at least once or twice a month I see a big pack of scooters (vespas and vinos etc) riding coast hwy. If they can roll why not us? I'd be willing to meet just about anywhere on SD county for a ride.

Oceanside

Hi wifey are going to be in Oceanside te 13-19th or so, how bout a ride? we are bringing 2 Whizzers with us.

Mike

916 519-8612

I am new to this site and have been doing a lot of research and cannot seem to find anyone in San Diego (or close nearby) that sells/fits bicycles with gas motors. I don't want a ebike. Coming from Holland we always had motorized bikes. I see that I can order a kit online etc, but I really am not technical (53 year old woman) and just want to buy one ready made preferably here in San Diego so I can try it before purchasing.
Hey, bike shops in San Diego - gas prices are so high, why not start building motorized bikes.
Can anyone give me some advice re what motor I should have for a road bike - it must be as quiet as possible. I have seen motors mounted on the frame between the legs but that would seem not optimal - doesn't it get too hot. And another criteria I have is that I would like to take the bike on longer trips rather than just shopping around the beach area.
Can anyone give me some suggestions and help.
Many thanks and the future is to get out of our cars.

Got a bicycle shop - not very far from you -- handles MBs

A & B Cycle
10147 Mission Gorge Rd.
Santee, Ca 92071
owner - Peter
ph 619-488-4106

that Peter is a nice guy -- tell him - gray haired MB Mountainman sent you

Have a blessed ride - from Mountainman

Station goods sold near San Diego --- yes

I am new to this site and have been doing a lot of research and cannot seem to find anyone in San Diego (or close nearby) that sells/fits bicycles with gas motors. I don't want a ebike. Coming from Holland we always had motorized bikes. I see that I can order a kit online etc, but I really am not technical (53 year old woman) and just want to buy one ready made preferably here in San Diego so I can try it before purchasing.
Hey, bike shops in San Diego - gas prices are so high, why not start building motorized bikes.
Can anyone give me some advice re what motor I should have for a road bike - it must be as quiet as possible. I have seen motors mounted on the frame between the legs but that would seem not optimal - doesn't it get too hot. And another criteria I have is that I would like to take the bike on longer trips rather than just shopping around the beach area.
Can anyone give me some suggestions and help.
Many thanks and the future is to get out of our cars.

yes - we now have a bicycle shop in Santee -- near San Diego
that sells Station engins
A & B Bicycle Shop

I think that it's a great thing for all !!! Mountainman

Back