Sandpaper VS dremel

INTP_ty

Local time
2:45 AM
I screwed up the first time I tried boring out the transfer ports (both intake & exhaust).

The engine vibrated much worse. And the casting eventually gave out at the thread lines. Fell apart like clay.

I don’t actually have a dremel. Can I just use sandpaper or will that not get the burrs that like to grind on the piston as it beaver slides up & down the sugar walls

Yeah show pictures, and presumably no anyway. A file will be easier to control and easier to remove the amount of material necessary to make a difference.

head out to the harbor freight and pick up their $10 dremel, or hop on ebay and buy some dental drills. sandpaper isn't worth the headache.

Can we try giving him good advice? Hf dremel may as well be sandpaper with the lack of power that thing's got..
it'll take about the same amount of time as sandpaper, sure, but at least with such slow removal it's nice and easy to control.

It's worth the money for a better rotary tool. I bought a cheap one (not that cheap though) and used it for everything until it wore out. I'm sure it saved me days of work compared with using a file.

Back