SAT OCT 27th 2018 SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing in Perris, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is just too much, okay, it looks like Eric has responded, claims he didn't delete the threads but doesn't say who did and says he can't recover them. That seems strange.

Hi everyone,

I just want to explain the missing race threads. I would have chimed in earlier, but I was just trying to better understand the situation.

I want to make it clear. There's no problem at all with posting these races. Whether Neil is around or not, anyone can certainly post these here. I see it as good for the site and the hobby in general.

Neil was banned for 7 days, but it was because of actions unrelated to the racing threads, as others have suggested. I hope you understand I'd prefer not to get into the specifics.

Many of Neil's threads were deleted out of frustration with him. I apologize to everyone who has contributed to those threads. A lot of folks, and the work they've put into these threads, were affected that shouldn't have been.

While I personally did not delete the threads, I feel responsible for not being able to recover them. Prior to this, I did not have the controls in place to undo this sort of thing. I now have controls in place to keep something like this from happening again. I wish I could get the threads back, but at this point, I can't. At least now, if emotions run high, I can fix this sort of thing.

Thanks to you all for keeping this part of the site alive. Again, I apologize for all of this.

Eric

Hey Neil, since they banned you, do you have anything to say to this here? Ha ha, also, only for 7 days?? What is that? "Well, Neil, I hope you learn your lesson", whatever that is, haha. "You be a good boy from now on, you hear?" LOL Someone must have gotten butt hurt about something you said, I don't know, care to enlighten us? If not, maybe it's better that way. haha

Wow, this is just too much, okay, it looks like Eric has responded, claims he didn't delete the threads but doesn't say who did and says he can't recover them. That seems strange.
LOL I guess I am back?
Been banned many times there and here until Anton combined all my banned ID's into my current account.
I never thought that they would delete whole race threads. I will not make that mistake again.
Dec 4, 2018
  1. avatar_s.png

Your post in the thread Missing Race Threads? was deleted. Reason: UR Gone

Hey Neil, since they banned you, do you have anything to say to this here? Ha ha, also, only for 7 days?? What is that? "Well, Neil, I hope you learn your lesson", whatever that is, haha. "You be a good boy from now on, you hear?" LOL

Someone must have gotten butt hurt about something you said, I don't know, care to enlighten us? If not, maybe it's better that way. haha
Dan the "Staffer" was mad that I had more Likes than he did even though
Dan has made 12,776 posts so he deleted a few hundred of my posts so he had more Likes. True story! o_O :p

What about 2door? Is he still around?? He always seemed nice to me.
2door posted this in March.
A few days after reviving this old thread I was introduced to this > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain–Barré_syndrome

Believe me, guys, you don't want to experience anything even remotely like it. I spent three weeks in the hospital and even though I'm home now I'm basically an invalid. I have trouble walking, can't drive and I'm on 24 hour supplemental oxygen. This sucks. The chances of having this are estimated to be something like winning the Colorado Lottery, or even greater. Something like .89 persons in 100,000. Lucky me. It is believed to have been caused by a flu vaccination I got two weeks before the onset.

Anyway, Before this I was enjoying my R/C planes. The only problem with that hobby is that the older you get, the bigger the planes have to be so you can see them. 100+ inch wingspans are common in my current fleet. My favorites are a 90" span Spitfire and a 98" Ugly Stick with a Saito 150 4 stroker. All but one plane have 4 stroke engines. I love the sound they make, especially a flat opposed twin. I do still have one 2 stroke in a biplane but I don't fly it too often.

All the bikes are gone; sold to people who I hope are enjoying them and giving them the care they deserved. I still have my sedan but it wasn't out of the garage last summer. Hopefully I'll regain some muscle strength in my legs before fall and get the hot rod out a few times this year. Docs say my progress could be slow due to my age. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Tom
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
#29932door, Mar 19, 2018

2door posted this in March.
A few days after reviving this old thread I was introduced to this > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain–Barré_syndrome
Believe me, guys, you don't want to experience anything even remotely like it. I spent three weeks in the hospital and even though I'm home now I'm basically an invalid. I have trouble walking, can't drive and I'm on 24 hour supplemental oxygen. This sucks. The chances of having this are estimated to be something like winning the Colorado Lottery, or even greater. Something like .89 persons in 100,000. Lucky me. It is believed to have been caused by a flu vaccination I got two weeks before the onset.​
Anyway, Before this I was enjoying my R/C planes. The only problem with that hobby is that the older you get, the bigger the planes have to be so you can see them. 100+ inch wingspans are common in my current fleet. My favorites are a 90" span Spitfire and a 98" Ugly Stick with a Saito 150 4 stroker. All but one plane have 4 stroke engines. I love the sound they make, especially a flat opposed twin. I do still have one 2 stroke in a biplane but I don't fly it too often.​
All the bikes are gone; sold to people who I hope are enjoying them and giving them the care they deserved. I still have my sedan but it wasn't out of the garage last summer. Hopefully I'll regain some muscle strength in my legs before fall and get the hot rod out a few times this year. Docs say my progress could be slow due to my age. I'll keep ya'll posted.​
Tom​
Age and Treachery Will Always Triumph
Over Youth and Skill & "Charlie Don't Ride"
#29932door, Mar 19, 2018
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I really did like 2 door, I hope he can overcome this horrible condition. Damn!

The #1 Plate will be awarded to the Winningest China Girl racer in 2019.
You get to display the #1 plate for all of 2020 and keep your usual race number..
Points system will be announced here soon.
Novice class racers do not have to move up to Expert class if you want to keep
racing a 47mm bore and no more than 40 mm stroke that does not have a case reed.
Novice class is an affordable motor class, no overbore or stroked crank allowed and
no case reed. You can use any cylinder reed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back