SAT OCT 27th 2018 SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing in Perris, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I had a chuckle at your post. Too bad you don't know why. I'm nice enough occasionally to not comment.

Enjoy the race this weekend against nobody, maybe you'll get a trophy for being special! (y)

Yeah, I had a chuckle at your post. Too bad you don't know why. I'm nice enough occasionally to not comment.

Enjoy the race this weekend against nobody, maybe you'll get a trophy for being special! (y)
Last race I couldn't use my top 2 gears because cheap derailleur issues, and still didn't get last in the heats I finished. Them 2 stroke folks scoot hard. I am shooting for beginner china girl 1st place, the 50cc gxh50s and clones are put there. 66 and 69ccs vs 53, git er dun. Suprised you aren't rooting for me, smallest engine in the race. Watch my launch on em this race. Don't think many will be successful playing mustard and ketchup either, maybe 5 at the most. I race larger 2 stokes and am competitive. You wouldn't be with your 37 mph max.

Gears are overrated on a go-kart track, IMHO, all you need is one good gear and some pedaling. That was proven by some guys with smaller engines than we have. It wasn't a highly attended race, but back then Neil told me they smoked just about everyone but unlimited class. And those little bikes were _friction drives_! LOL

I watched those vids. I am racing my daily driver, so I am not trying to toast my clutch to win a race on a single speed. This bike is over 3 years old and has nearly 20k miles on it.

That's why people build real race bikes LOL. All it takes it a decent chinagirl bike set up to also pedal. Aside from the carb problems I used to have, which I solved with an RT carb last year (finally!), my bike's engine has had a 50-60% throttle limiter on it since 2012. I set that up to save the hub. I know I'd destroy my Sturmey racing, I've destroyed Nexus hubs on pedal power.

I have an unorthodox motor-assisted bicycle frame design for racing that I've been tinkering with on AutoCAD over the years. Someday when I build it, I'd need a jockey, I'm simply too big to throw myself around on one of these LOL. I've done my share of skidding on the road!

If you show up, I'll race your bike (if worthy). I weigh just 152 lbs. I've studied "twist of the grip vol 2" and have put it into practice. Holy crap does it feel weird the first time you turn your handlebars slightly left to turn right. Watch the vids that pop up within the next few weeks. You'll see me keep up with, and beating, some built 2 smokes. I'm #17 on a crappy burnt orange huffy with a beat up gas tank.

Check out these sexy chunks of Aluminium at the race.
Made in The U S of A

55793557_2007859169340520_897637629309222912_n.jpg
Are they the ones Rob is selling?

What happened to posting some of the racers bikes?

I had first place for a couple seconds in the beginner finals, kept 3rd till the long straight. Had tons of fun overall. I'm #17 in the brown leather jacket and black helmet about to lose first, had the holeshot

Smallest engine on a motorized bike there with my 53cc huasheng. Think I did pretty well.

Can't say I'm surprised by that, it was inevitable. It'll be a lot more common if 212-powered bikes remain as a "midrange" class :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back