Save me some time with this one- What to build from this Bikeberry Thing

This is our most recent acquisition, I got it from a local who sold it after barely getting it assembled, because they already had substantially the same bike already. I've finished making it safe to ride, tightened everything that was loose, and did some stuff like swap the seat out and slapped some Avid brakes on along with a dual pull lever. Also went ahead and deleted the big reed adapted snorkel intake because the whole thing made me sick, didn't clear my foot while pedaling, and wasn't idling decently anyway. EDIT: Forgot to mention replaced cylinder bc somehow the original had already thrown the piston dowel retaining clip and gouged the living bejeeberz out of the lining even though the bike had clearly barely even been started and rode. The SHA clone carb is new, and I'm in the process of jetting it in but I'm very open to a real expansion chamber if we have a favorite for this "BBR Tuning" Stage whatever this thing was supposed to be. However I feel like this cylinder isn't destined to stay on here forever. I need actual performance.

Basically I'm looking to learn about these hybrid builds I see the fast people running these days, because I've got some experience with Mopeds and Scooters and I like the direction that MB's have gone in pursuing working solutions and crossover. As a basic performance profile goal, this bike should be a neighborhood rider not a racer, and we live in Seattle so there's always hills every direction you ride. I'd like to see this Bike cruise at 40mph, sprint to 45-50, and preferably not fall on it's face going uphill. I already have a shift kit bike so this one will have to manage with a single gear. I'm not sure what my sprocket is on this thing but at a guess I'm thinking it's a 42 or 44.

I guess I'm asking for the straight poop on Minarelli cylinders, The Stihl chainsaw jugs, and the like. I'd even entertain pursuing a water cooled setup potentially, as those are always so nice when you have them. ALSO- I will pay American Freedom Bux to anyone who has these machined base spacers I'm seeing on the Hotboi builds. I guess as soon as I have a spacer I can start jug and pipe hunting in earnest. Feel free to link me to threads here on the forum where my questions have already been answered, thanks in advance.
IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1997.jpg

I'd be curious to see what the underside of that head looked like, even though it is said to be performance head, the other side doesn't say that at all. And, that pipe looks like a piece of poop, literally. I point people to ones that look like this, https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07V46SSCD...olid=20D8NQ44FITJB&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
It has a good size expansion area. Of course it has to be reworked to fit any M/B, line up the expansion chamber to where you want it then bend pipe to get it there.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'd be curious to see what the underside of that head looked like, even though it is said to be performance head, the other side doesn't say that at all. And, that pipe looks like a piece of poop, literally. I point people to ones that look like this, https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07V46SSCD...olid=20D8NQ44FITJB&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
It has a good size expansion area. Of course it has to be reworked to fit any M/B, line up the expansion chamber to where you want it then bend pipe to get it there.
A nice looking pipe and a reasonable cost, thanks! I'll get you pics of the head next time I take it apart but I just did that yesterday so I'd just as soon leave it for a little bit. It doesn't look that special underneath, I guess a smarter man than me might have opinions on the shape and squish, were they to have it in hand.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A nice looking pipe and a reasonable cost, thanks! I'll get you pics of the head next time I take it apart but I just did that yesterday so I'd just as soon leave it for a little bit. It doesn't look that special underneath, I guess a smarter man than me might have opinions on the shape and squish, were they to have it in hand.
I'll see if I can dig up a couple samples and then you can say which one you have.

This one has very little squish band, you want one to look more like this one.

Look at third picture of first ad and compare to fourth picture of the second ad.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Once you go to a minarelli cylinder you will never run another china jug ever again. You get way more low end power, way more rpms and a way more precise cylinder with walls that coating doesn't wear off and pistons and rings that are actually round and fit to more exacting standards.

Once you go to a minarelli cylinder you will never run another china jug ever again. You get way more low end power, way more rpms and a way more precise cylinder with walls that coating doesn't wear off and pistons and rings that are actually round and fit to more exacting standards.
They will fit on a stock china girl bottom?

You need to use a spacer plate and drill the holes for the headbolts out to 5/16. Spacers are available for both 38 and 40mm stroke bottom ends altho 40mm is the preferred bottom end. So yes most china girl bottoms work. Here's a link to the spacer.

You need to use a spacer plate and drill the holes for the headbolts out to 5/16. Spacers are available for both 38 and 40mm stroke bottom ends altho 40mm is the preferred bottom end. So yes most china girl bottoms work. Here's a link to the spacer.
I see, I might consider it if I ever have to replace my cylinders.

Back