Ebay Saw this on eBay -43cc Mitsubishi engine $255-

If that motor is plug n play for a fd kit thats an awesome price for a 43cc mits.

Darwin,
I bought one today & will let you know how it works out once received.
It does come with the clutch.
I was was able to work a deal for 'engine only'.
I might get another if I like it as much as my Tanaka 40...
-Lowracer-

How does the TU43 compare to the TLE43? I have a TLE43 and it is the best. Never let me down, good power. If the TLE48 ever makes it here, I'll be getting one.

kallsop,
I just ordered it a few hours ago & hopefully will have it within a week (NY to SC).
I'll post my observations here after a good run in.
I'm in love with my Tanaka 40cc & just can't find a replacement for less than $349 right now (I check everyday).
If this engine measures up to the Tanaka, it would be a real winner at almost 2 for 1.
I'm not sure yet where I'll be mounting this new Mitsu, either onto my MB or my stand-up scooter?
-Lowracer-

arwin,
The engine arrived today & I just unboxed it.
I may have enough time tomorrow to get it installed on either the MB or the Scooter?
I had pilaged the Tanaka 40 engine from the MB to get the scooter operational, but may need to swap it back.
-Low-

I swapped the Tanaka 40cc back onto the MB & installed the new Mitsubishi 43cc onto the scooter.
It started on the 2nd pull & purred like a kitten.
I was able to test drive it a little this morning after soldering up a new throttle cable.
I didnt push it since it needs a proper break-in.
From what I can tell, the stock Mitsubishi exhaust is quieter than the Tanaka w/ its stock exhaust.
The Tanaka saw increased performance & is quieter just by bolting up a 80cc stock china girl std muffler.
I may add one of these two pipes I've been eyeballing.
For the scooter, I need a pipe that is more compact than the china girl std size.
-lowracer-

Attachments

• banana pipe dimensions.jpg
    banana pipe dimensions.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 633
  • small muffler.jpg
    small muffler.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 556
The engine alone is $200.
Not sure if there are alot available since seller has to remove it & install a different engine to sell the tool part of the unit.
-Lowracer-

Back