SBP expansion chamber

DEI makes a High Temp silicone spray that i used on another build before i wrapped the pipe with the header wrap. It sealed all of the joints and the wrap held it all together.
Keep Riding Safe Marc W :)

So here are some pictures hopefully I fixed my issue
15025646129341901774598.jpg
1502564642174-243529796.jpg

Hay I like the little copper fitting on the end of your pipe what size is it
3/4 inch 45 degree elbow. I had put another piece of small pipe over the silencer nipple to elongate it, then i drilled the hole for the mounting screw. It keeps the oil off of the tire and rim. You will have ti find a smaller diameter tube to go over the silencer nipple then go from there.
Ride safe Marc W :p

3/4 inch 45 degree elbow. I had put another piece of small pipe over the silencer nipple to elongate it, then i drilled the hole for the mounting screw. It keeps the oil off of the tire and rim. You will have ti find a smaller diameter tube to go over the silencer nipple then go from there.
Ride safe Marc W :p
Cool thanks

First, take the front part of the silencer off and re pack it with VERY COURSE steel scrubbing pad. That lowers the sound a bit and it really seems to open everything up. The fiberglass packing seems to get really soaked with oil and gives a pingy sound after time.

First, take the front part of the silencer off and re pack it with VERY COURSE steel scrubbing pad. That lowers the sound a bit and it really seems to open everything up. The fiberglass packing seems to get really soaked with oil and gives a pingy sound after time.
How do you pull the silencer off it's all welded isn't it

How do you pull the silencer off it's all welded isn't it

It is a aluminum can on the end of the expansion chamber, just pop riveted on.
Going to a machine shop next week to get another one made 2.5 inches longer.
Hopefully by lightly packing it with the course steel and sealing around where it fits onto the actual expansion chamber and the nipple part,
it will make it a little more throaty and not so pingy :D

Back