SBP in Blue Project

I am too lazy to upload all the pictures of my project. No not really, but I don't feel like uploading them multiple times. There is only so much disk space on the Internet and I try to be green. so you can find a picture gallery of building of the Blue Bike on my website LordofLightAZ to see just the pics Check the Blue Bike Gallery If you want to read about the build then start at Part 6 If you are interested Parts 1 - 5 are of my first bike which I built in 2008.

I am not quite done, I need a kickstand, tail light, lock, a mirror, and clear gloss "gas proof" paint for the tank. The light and kickstand are on the way. Since I only can ride one bike at a time my little travel bag holds my lock, tools, and garage door opener and I can swap that between bikes. I probably will get the mirror today. Just riding down the block without a mirror is scary. So I will have to take the other bike to the store to get a mirror.

I also need a longer jack shaft to add an electricity generating device. Who knows maybe someone will send me a 5/8th shaft about 6.5 inches long.

As I mentioned in my introduction, I am not really all that family friendly but both of the above links are family friendly.

Attachments

• bluebikek.jpg
    bluebikek.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 486
I'm loving that cooler, not sure whether the contents are family friendly (wouldn't be if it was mine). Nice example of the shift kit too. That would be a fun bike to take on a camping trip.

Nice build, looks good. I did notice that the front freewheel assembly is not built per the instructions. The large chainring is supposed to go outside of the flange on the freewheel. You may run into chain alignment issues as well as the chains touching in the higher gears on your derailleur. Other than that nice ride.

Oh ****. I have about 2mm between the chains when it is in high. Guess that will be a little project. I hope that the crank arm has not seated to where I can't get it off with out a removal tool. The store was out when I needed it originally, so they pulled them for me.

That isn't enough room, chains tend to oscillate back and forth and although it may seem like you have room they will touch and let me tell you it is a bit scary when they do.

I have tapped cranks off with a hammer and a socket extension, just make sure to not damage the freewheel or any threads. Don't try too hard, better to do it right than ruin something.

Light tapping was no good. So I am not going to mess with it. What is the size of the tool as it may not be the same as the one I would have used for the original arms? With any luck it will be the same size as my Skyliner, if I ever need to take those off.

Staying out of high gear will keep me safe.

BTW do you think a go kart shop will have a longer shaft?

I'm loving that cooler, not sure whether the contents are family friendly (wouldn't be if it was mine). Nice example of the shift kit too. That would be a fun bike to take on a camping trip.

I can't remember where I got it. I think it might have been a grocery store. What you can't see is that it has wheels and a handle that extends out so you can roll it like luggage. When I had it on the other bike, I put a light on the handle and extended it up in the air. It also has a handy dandy hole in the top so you can reach in and take out a cold one with out unzipping it.

I think most of the removal tools are the same as far as their threads.

Hmmm, they had more than 1/2 dozen at the bike shop. Just not the one for my bike. But the shop is pretty intense, owners got a $9K bicycle he races. Fortunately, they are not anti motor. A couple guys there have bikes with engines. I think I will ride up there. It is only a mile away and that is where the mirror for the bike is. Which reminds me that I probably should put a link to their website on my mine. I am a firm believer in credit to folk for things I like/use.

Those shafts are too long, but armed with that info I can go to the kart shop near here and see if they will cut one down if they don't have any shorter than 8 inches. If not I can hit up a friend. It needs to be the length of the kits shaft plus enough coming out the left side to install a nylon pulley no wider than the piece of angle iron on the left side of the kit.

Heck, they might even have the nylon pulley I want to put on the end of the shaft. Next store neighbor can build the belt any size and before I know it I will have my charging system.

Looks like a sweet ride, funny you know, I have never used a mirror and here you are saying its **** without one! Maybe I should get that mirror sooner then I was planning... I wonder what kind I should get. I suppose one of the ones on the bike would be good, as opposed to attached to my glasses. Tho I think that is an option i have.

Back