SBP - new Universal Front Mount and news

Pablo

Vendor
Local time
11:54 AM
We now have a Universal Front Mount which works with any HT engine and bike. Check out what this bad boy can do:

Instructions

Sick Bike Parts Universal Front Mount

We are also are offering kickstands:

SBP Kickstand

So to answer questions.

1) We have 25 tunable expansion chambers, kitted and boxed. We are only waiting on the exhaust gaskets! (I know!!!)

2) The four stroke kit is now is full test mode.

3) sickbikeparts.com ¡hora en español! ~ http://sickbikeparts.com/catalog/index.php?language=es

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 451
  • Kickstand.jpg
    Kickstand.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 399
Kudos to y'all....!! That's almost the same mount I made, back in 2004, for Rusty... my 1953 Schwinn....(1st build)
I'll try to round up a pic. Mine was rather crude and I spent a fair amount of time doing this---->...to mount that engine. (really w_i_d_e span)

I woulda gladly paid the $12:something for a ready-made mount. (no way was I gonna drill that sucker!!)

you guys give the people what they want...and need!!

that's so SICK!!!

:D

Pablo,
Does your mount account for the fact that HT engines have two known widths of the front mount. The front mount on older bikes is fairly narrow and some new engines have wider mounts but not wide enough for certain bikes such as the Schwinn Searcher. Will your mounts work on both engine mounts?
Thanks,
Sky

Sky,
We were not aware of any variance in the width of the studs on the front mount of the Chinese 2 stroke. I have definitely not seen all the engines out there but I have personally touched 5 different models of engines and they were all the same. I think the population of the narrower stud width is probably pretty small.

The wide front mounts have studs that are about 3/8 inch wider than the older kits.

I found this out the hard way because on my SBP builds, i use the rear mount spacer as an offset on the front mount and on previous builds, both mounts were of the same width. On my last two builds, I had to cut and drill mounts from scratch instead of simply sliding the rear spacer onto the front studs.

PLEASE POST THE CENTER-CENTER stud width of your front mount system. Thanks.

I don't have access to our drawing right now, I'll be to the shop in a few hours so I'll just measure one and post up the linear dimension - but it's whatever the "standard" pattern is. Good information on the new style - I've never encountered a wide front mount engine either. :giggle: I need to get out more often.

The distance between the holes from centerline to centerline is 1.6 inches. We will go make that clear in our product description.

Back