School Me On - Luggage Racks

FrizzleFried

Local time
12:20 AM
It's time to make one or both of these bikes I have here useful. I'm looking for luggage rack solutions.

I have a few questions...

• Seatpost mount (not by itself... like some, but with legs as well) or those adjustable front "posts" (for a lack of a better word)? I like the look of the seatpost mount... however I worry the angle of my Hyper Cruiser seat post will be an issue. Will it?

• Frame mount bottom mounts or "bracket" to the seat stays? Which is preferable? Which should I avoid?

Suggestions... comments... complaints... all appreciated.

:)

It's time to make one or both of these bikes I have here useful. I'm looking for luggage rack solutions.

I have a few questions...

• Seatpost mount (not by itself... like some, but with legs as well) or those adjustable front "posts" (for a lack of a better word)? I like the look of the seatpost mount... however I worry the angle of my Hyper Cruiser seat post will be an issue. Will it?

• Frame mount bottom mounts or "bracket" to the seat stays? Which is preferable? Which should I avoid?

Suggestions... comments... complaints... all appreciated.

:)
Two of these,

Plus one of these to hook the baskets to,

And one of these would also be nice to have, sitting on top of the rack as well,

Equals one very, very, useful Hyper Beach Cruiser...lol.

DSCN0230.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

81gGwNI3d0S._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And lets not forget a front tool bag roll too...lol.

61PlB7JNL7L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Have a strong rear rack so you can mount saddle bags if ya want. and still tote a load on the rack

Saddle bags are great for carrying an extra inner tube, tool kit, air pump. patch kit, 2 cycle oil, cable lock, rag, brake cable, Etc...

Be always ready

The seat post mount style may be an issue for your cruiser. The main clamp on most of them doesn't really adjust for angle.

That being said, I have been using this rack and I am more than pleased with it thus far. I got it for 34 bucks at the time. The little clip on side bars for bag support are definitely on the budget friendly side. As are the support legs, but they have held on so far without issue. I used a copious application of blue loctite on all of the hardware to be safe.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
A front basket can be more handy then a rear. I had one on a bike and used it a lot. Carried a lot of stuff too, deep, big and square.
01509_A_1_Wald_157GB_Cruiser_Front_Basket

Looking at the install "vid" for th rack @DAMIEN1307 posted above... it shows a frame with holes already up at the seat stay for the front posts to mount to. Of course we don't have those on our frames. I assume you're using some sort of clamt in it's place? I think I see one in that photo...

Back