Schwinn Build II (straight bar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some help!

View attachment 52167As I was getting ready to spread the frame a bit to add a spacer to the belt side of the bike (left) I realized more than before how bowed the frame is on the left. I've speculated that someone may have done this to create clearance there for the belt, but this would have been difficult to do! There's no sign of any marks there or on the other side of the frame. It would take a lot of force and leverage to bend it there. Does anyone have any info on this? (Not a guess) I got this on ebay as a 52 or 53 Schwinn hornet frame.

View attachment 52166

Using my improvised tool and a 1/2 in. spacer I now have at least a 1/4 in. belt clearance, top and bottom! I'm going to continue mocking this up while I wait on a few parts to show up. I want to do all the powder coating at the same time. I also want to try and fix a few dings in the rims.

Attachments

• ass.jpg
    ass.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 477
I continue my mock up with adding a set of Monark forks. I like the look of these forks and wanted to have a different look than my other bike. It's starting to look like a whizzer now. Can't wait to get this to powder coat!

IMG_20140313_004832.jpgIMG_20140313_004845.jpgIMG_20140313_005724.jpgIMG_20140313_005751.jpg

Here's another pic as I've added the fenders. I'm trying to get a look at how this bike is going to look as well as the best order to put this bike back together after powder coating. Fenders and bracing will need some modification.

IMG_20140314_122701.jpg

Thanks JB, I'm hoping this one turns out as nice as the other one. I'd like to have a little bit different look to the bike than the standard Whizzer.

Good news today from Quenton! Got the word from him today that my motor is finished and will be on it's way soon! Anyone out there looking to have a motor rebuilt may consider sending it to Quenton. Can't speak for his prices only to say that he charges way less than what others quoted me at.
I've also ordered a tank made today and being that this guy is local it shouldn't take too long. I really hate the waiting part of this, but the build is back on!

Quenton has been doing my engines for years. I've bought 2 vintage bikes from him so far ;) He's a good friend & great to do business with.

JB, I don't have to tell you what a fan of Quenton I am! When I needed help with a wiring harness he fixed it and sent it back to me the next day, NO CHARGE! Who does that nowdays? I'd push my bike to NC to have him work on it! (but since he rebuilt the motor I won't have to)! He really did me a favor on this one. Thanks Quenton,
Chris

IMG_20140509_120304.jpgIMG_20140509_120029.jpg Got my motor from Quenton yesterday and she's ready to go! I like to share helpful info with other Whizzer folks when I can so I just wanted to mention a Helpful Whizzer guy out there that has a lot of whizzer parts and knowledge. Fred White. I know a few of you guys already know Fred, but for those of you who don't, Fred is one of those old time Whizzer guys that can tell you everything you ever wanted to know about Vintage Whizzers.Fred rebuilds and sells hard to find Tillotson and Carter carbs and has just about every nut and bolt for Schwinn and Whizzer. He also has a catalog you can email and ask him for a copy. Fred also writes a column for a Whizzer news letter. I wish I new him before I started my first build, however the last part on that build came from him! A very hard to find ML5B Tillotson Carb! Fred's going for eye surgery in a week or so and expects to be down for a week or so , but you can write him and wish him well or request his catalog at : whizzerfred@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back