schwinn chopper bike Help!!

Buy one

Hey Circa..ENO (Down Under) We have an OCC Stringray and the kit sprocket is a major problem as you have to drill holes and TRY to make it fit..Its not made for the OCC and is most likely unstable and unsafe..Eventually youll have to buy a set up sprocket anyway..worth the $ and minus the hassle..You must have organised the engine mount as the kit is not made for the OCC elliptical frame..another fit problem. I have posted some pics on my ALBUM so you might get some ideas or info from them..good luck..The chopper runs well with an 80cc to compensate for the weight factor but as you know over 48cc is illegal..I intend to get a logo / sticker that says 48cc for the side of the motor so I have an advantage when and if the boys in blue want to check it out..Most of them arent that familiar with Motorized bike laws and so if you kill the motor and pedal and keep the noise down you may be OK..Good luck they are a great bike to ride and look mean on the road..See ya ENO in Oz

Attachments

• FINISHED 4.jpg
    FINISHED 4.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 5,978
i will be getting the mount for the motor in a couple days and the sprocket that came with the kit fit on tire really well, on my other bike i think i put the peices on wrong, what is the right way? sprocket,rubber,spokes,rubber, metal peices or.... sprocket,spokes,rubber,rubber, metal peices thx

Sprocket set up ?

Circa..Dont know mate..I found the directions difficult as the chinese left seems to be right (or wrong)..Still think the pre-set up sprocket is the way to go as the diameter of the back wheel disc is small and needs modifying etc..Anyway good luck with the mount and the build..ENO (Oz)

Muffler bending

Hey Circa..Some guys beat it and bend it, heat it and whack it...I reckon you should take your bike and the muffler to the local Muffler Man and have him add an extension pipe so the muffler runs down and beside the left pedal pointing backwards instead of running down beside the frame..Looks better and gives it a deeper hummm..It cost me about $15..Have attached pic of ours extended..Good luck ENO (Oz)

Attachments

• tn_FINISHED 3.JPG
    tn_FINISHED 3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 626
  • tn_FINISHED 2.JPG
    tn_FINISHED 2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 668
Last edited:
Back