Schwinn Chopper

Dr Gonzo

Local time
4:39 PM
ANOTHER NOOB QUESTION....are all the Schwinn chopper frames the same size? i seem to only be able to find the ones with 20" wheels and was wondering if an 2 stroke would fit on it. didn't know if they were made to be able to change the wheel size or if they made a larger frame.

We all have different opinions on motorizing the Schwinn OCC frame. The big size chopper has a 20” rear wheel ( very wide) and a 24” front wheel.

ok thanks. i kinda figured the size was based on the rear wheel since it looked as the only dif but pics can be deceiving. lol! appreciate the response Timbone. whats your views on the frame? is there a better chopper frame out there for sale?

yes, then you use a smaller rear sprocket - in this area, the guys riding those spend a lot of time talking to cops that don't think those look like 'just bicycles'

A 16" motorcycle tire will fit on a 20" bicycle rim.

The OCC Chopper 20” rear wheel will fit a Harley Tire. I have done this. It’s VERY HEAVY - a little China motor can barely turn it.

My advice is to stick to bicycle/ moped wheels.

There’s plenty of room for a motor on the frame but the motor cannot be centered side to side. You either Jane to buy a special motor cradle to kick the engine left of center or manufacture your own custom motor mounts.

yeah lighter is ideal and custom mounts would be cheaper as well as quite easy to do

ANOTHER NOOB QUESTION....are all the Schwinn chopper frames the same size? i seem to only be able to find the ones with 20" wheels and was wondering if an 2 stroke would fit on it. didn't know if they were made to be able to change the wheel size or if they made a larger frame.
Never thought Schwien would do that to their bikes must be independent remodle manufacture have you check with Harley Davidson I have seen chopper bicycles there they might have something ideal for you.

Back