Schwinn? Kustom Kruiser GT Slick Daddy ???

bicycle ron

Local time
11:40 AM
Doe's anyone know about these bike's ? And how did Schwinn become involved? I was under the impression these were made by GT !

About Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy

I have a Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy. It gets raves everywhere I ride it. I believe schwinn, GT, Mongoose, Kustom Kruiser are all made by the same company. There is an factory outlet store not far from me that sells all of these bikes in one store. if you need more info let me know in a post.

Doe's anyone know about these bike's ? And how did Schwinn become involved? I was under the impression these were made by GT !

Schwinn has nothing to do with that make and model. I believe GT owns Schwinn but as far as the relationship of this model and Schwinn, there is NONE.
There has not been one word written anywhere between Schwinn and Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy.

I've got an orange Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy. Awesome bike, but difficult to motorize because of the rear tire being so wide.

I've got an orange Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy. Awesome bike, but difficult to motorize because of the rear tire being so wide.

That was one of the projects I wanted to undertake. I believe you have a couple of options. You can shave the lip of the tire if that is where the clearance issue is. If the clearance issue is the sidewall itself, then why not put a slightly narrower tire in back. The difference might not be that detectable.:cool: P.S Give it to me, I'll motorized it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey hOtrOd, I measured the width of the Fireball tire and it's right at 3''. I also measured the inside width of one of my Staton friction housings and it is right at 3.5'', so I don't think i'll have a problem using the GXH50 Honda friction drive for the power I want for the Slick Daddy.

Friction drive on a slick daddy, well I believe that will really screw it up. That bike is too nice to do that to. Cut up that rear fender, omg, never.

The rear fender sucks anyway. I had to take my fenders off. They "clanged" on every bump.

Hey, Ron I want pics posted when you get it road ready.

To say, I must agree with hOtrOd about the fenders! I never really cared for them much myself. I'll just take it off , bubble rap it and save for if I ever pull the engine off for another bike. But Torques, It is a pretty simple mount without damaging the bike and I'm pretty sure I'll get 40+ MPH out of that 4 stroke! I have already made the engine bracket and had it chromed, so I beleive it's gonna be kickin!!!!

Back