Schwinn Meridian Trike Build

Ernie

Local time
6:19 AM
A friend and I decided to motorize a Meridian late last fall. We bought a 50cc motor that came with a bike install kit. Nothing in the kit was useful except the motor and attached clutch/gear reducer (gear egucer failed in the first 5 miles of use). The motor turned ot to be a 50cc Chinese Honda knock-off. We replaced the clutch with the cenrifugal clutch made for a Honda GX35 (perfect fit on our 50cc).

The overall problem we icured was getting ~6,000 rpm down to a managable ~ 250 rpm. No easy task without a store bought transmission. We finally managed to get where we wanted using two jack shafts in an over-under configuration on the engine mounting plate.

I would be happy to supply pictures if I had a clue how that was done here.

Welcome to the Forums at MBc. The first rule here is to read, read, and read more. Then, ask your questions. When you first came in The Lobby, There was a permanent post "Forum Help & Suggestion Box"...go there. Inside Is a "Sticky: How to" by loquin...go there. Inside is an excellent post by Large Filipino "How to post pictures"...Open it. Now "Read" and just follow the directions. Now you know how to get around on the forum. The point is to Search, search search...then read, read read...Good Luck and once again: Welcome to MBc.

p.s. we also have an excellent search engine. You get to it from the permanent bar just under your your name where you logged in. The trick is to look around. We have all sorts of things you might not expect.

The overall problem we icured was getting ~6,000 rpm down to a managable ~ 250 rpm. No easy task without a store bought transmission. We finally managed to get where we wanted using two jack shafts in an over-under configuration on the engine mounting plate.

Yup.... I am going to need to see these pics!!

Welcome to MBc.

here's a how-to link to uploading pics: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9817

Feel free to start a new thread about your trike, here---> http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112

Back