Schwinn Meridian up and running

Tanstaafl

Local time
5:39 PM
Not finished with it. but got it up and running. When complete, will post more in trike forum with details as found the build rather interesting Trike1.jpgTrike2.jpg.

Murphy our Yorkie has already declared it as his magic carpet.

Got my MR16, 12 volt, 4 watt 300 lumen LED spotlights in and decided to test one powered by a 12v 6 watt AC dynamo/alternator. Have got aluminum housings set up for MR16 lights coming. I read where others have used this three (4 watt) LED light system (2 head and 1 tail) with wiring the only thing required between the dynamo and lights. I will rig up two 9 volt batteries in parallel with switch to temporarily power lights when stopped.

This was one light and spinning the wheel/dynamo by hand, to say it is bright, is almost an understatement.

P1010506_zps10481091.jpg

Last edited:
I use a Dax 4 stroke for engine power, & a Honda 300w for lights. Fill them both at once. Works out ok. Disco lights impress the girls. The 15" Kicker in the trailer don't hurt either. About 4 hours per tank run time, about a quart each. Have MP3's only right now. I'm working on Vid in the trailer.

Back