Schwinn OCC Chopper Size

Porkchop

Local time
11:55 PM
Can a person about 6' tall comfortably ride Schwinn OCC Chopper, the 20" wheel model ? I haven't seen one of those bikes in a long time, and of course there are none in the stores anymore, so I can't readily sit on one to find out. I've always liked those bikse and wish now I had bought one when they were in Walmart stores years ago. I know where I can get a brand new one cheap. I'd like to build one and ride it but I'm afraid it's to small. I'm considering buying one just to have for the nostalgia factor anyway. Thanks !

I am 6'1" and cannot ride azvinnie's bike (even with a setback seat-post) comfortably
there are xl occ's out there, but they are getting hard to find

Attachments

• 325_IMG_0800_3.jpg
    325_IMG_0800_3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 3,238
I am 6'1" and cannot ride azvinnie's bike (even with a setback seat-post) comfortably
there are xl occ's out there, but they are getting hard to find
Are the XL OCC's you speak of, are they made by Schwinn ? Seems like I've seen 24" or 26" take offs fo the Schwinn Choppers.
Thanks for the reply !

Hey Porkchop..ENO (Down Under)..No way..My son built his OCC Stingray and I have sat on it but being over six foot I look like a bear on a kids trike..If I could get a "Legectomy" I may have a chance of looking the part..I am currently looking on EBay for Dr.Thumbs Magic Shrinking Pills but no luck so far...Good luck looking..ENO

Attachments

• tn_FINISHED 3.JPG
    tn_FINISHED 3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,267
Hey Porkchop..ENO (Down Under)..No way..My son built his OCC Stingray and I have sat on it but being over six foot I look like a bear on a kids trike..If I could get a "Legectomy" I may have a chance of looking the part..I am currently looking on EBay for Dr.Thumbs Magic Shrinking Pills but no luck so far...Good luck looking..ENO
I've seen photos of your bike. good looking ride, in my favorite color too ! I guess i'm going to pass on them. I do love those bikes though. Sure would be nice to be 10 years ago again and find one of those under the Christmas tree.

Hey pork chop I just picked one up, with the seat post set up to the min insert mark, it is not too bad a ride, but I have fairly short legs, with a 30 -inch inseam, I am 5 foot 11, 1/2. Shoes on 6 feet, it looks a little off though, will send pictures in a couple of days!

You need to find a Schwinn Spoiler. They were made with a 24 in rear tire, not a 20. They are much larger and fitting an adult rider.

Back