Schwinn Occ Front Fork/Disc Brake Issues!?!?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
2:56 AM
Ive been putting together my schwinn for a little while now and am curious now ive gotten an adapted rear now front 24" tire with rotor adapter and front disc brake caliper adaptors of many kind but the rotor clearance is an issue which fork would be my best bet in fixing this?? or is there a work around inwhich i wont need a new fork???............

The OCC Schwinn Chopper front fork is a real odd ball. I would think you would have to fabricate a front disk adapter.

Oh, yeah. The OCC Chopper is set up for 1 1/8"
Threaded or unthreaded so you have lots of options. It's gonna shorten the wheelbase and change the handling, but probably for the better.

Yes, 1 1/8" is what you are shooting for; it's probably much easier to find threadless, so you will need a headset and stem.

Steerer length is very important! The headtube measures at least 6", maybe 7". Be sure and measure carefully and know that you will need more steerer length than headtube length.

vaguely recall all the hassle re-lacing those hubs many years ago for 26in rims - don't think I'd bother today

yea its an old project im trying to finish lol my newest ride a black 1gal inframe from zedamotorsports arrives around the sixteenth im putting a GT80 kit from gasbike on it

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Back