Schwinn Occ with 70's briggs flathead?

e82fdfed.jpg

Any Idea where I can get one of these, been searching the internet trying to find one, they came on the mini Harley V-rods

Figured this may be a sweet engine to put in the OCC frame.

BTW it is a false V twin, the one cylinder is the air box, neat design, and a cool look.

If not, no worries, just an Idea, nothing more.

However I would love to get my greasy paws on one of these.

and the 2hp has a short stroke, it makes sense they would have high rpms, but is it possible to do head work to get more performance?
port the block, but theres no cams, and other aftermarket suport, and reliablity goes into the trash. 2hp is enough to put real nice, but with pedal assist, you should be able to go pretty fast, so if you have pedals youve got no problems:)

port the block, but theres no cams, and other aftermarket suport, and reliablity goes into the trash. 2hp is enough to put real nice, but with pedal assist, you should be able to go pretty fast, so if you have pedals youve got no problems:)
No need for an aftermarket cam, on flatheads i just port and shave, and run some welds over the cam lobes and grind 'em smoothe.
works great, and doesn't cost much, that is if you have a welder.

You can increase lift by removing material from the back side of the cam lobes.

Cams Lobes are hardened, I wouldn't want to grind or weld & regrind a cam lobe unless I can harden it properly

If it's not hardened properly The cam will have a very short life

Cams are set out to a company that specializes in Cam regrinding
There's a special machine that grinds the cam
I don't know anyone who does that in their garage and gets it right

Cams Lobes are hardened, I wouldn't want to grind or weld & regrind a cam lobe unless I can harden it properly

If it's not hardened properly The cam will have a very short life

Cams are set out to a company that specializes in Cam regrinding
There's a special machine that grinds the cam
I don't know anyone who does that in their garage and gets it right
There is a reason guys like me charge so much to grind a cam. The machinery is not cheap, and it takes a great deal of knowledge to do correctly. Thats why you don't see people doing it in their garage, it won't work for long, I don't care if you are using $90 a quart oil. lol

The older Briggs cams are relatively soft. The valve springs are pretty weak also. They are not fully hardened like a cars cam. It was common practice among racers in the stock classes of kart racing to spec their cams if the lift was under
specs by removing the back side. Briggs at one point went to plastic cams. I have done this many times.

The older Briggs cams are relatively soft. The valve springs are pretty weak also. They are not fully hardened like a cars cam. It was common practice among racers in the stock classes of kart racing to spec their cams if the lift was under
specs by removing the back side. Briggs at one point went to plastic cams. I have done this many times.
Cloned heusangs come with a plastic cam. Lol. Just tore one apart few months back.

There is a reason guys like me charge so much to grind a cam. The machinery is not cheap, and it takes a great deal of knowledge to do correctly. Thats why you don't see people doing it in their garage, it won't work for long, I don't care if you are using $90 a quart oil. lol
as Cannonball3 said, they are soft cams, and I prefer to use a ZDDP additive in my four stroke engines to prevent camshaft wear. I also put in more than is needed, preventing as much ware as I can on the cam.

Back