Schwinn Occ with 70's briggs flathead?

The little B&S 3hp are pretty stout little engines, I have one on a vintage mini bike. It will pop a wheelie.
as Cannonball3 said, they are soft cams, and I prefer to use a ZDDP additive in my four stroke engines to prevent camshaft wear. I also put in more than is needed, preventing as much ware as I can on the cam.
If you ever saw Warped Perception utube and the beating he gives his, you won't need any break in oil. ZDDP is just for break in purpose, used it on my spitty.

as Cannonball3 said, they are soft cams, and I prefer to use a ZDDP additive in my four stroke engines to prevent camshaft wear. I also put in more than is needed, preventing as much ware as I can on the cam.
Still can't imagine it lasts very long, even with the zinc. At least the plastic ones have a hard chrome coating. I work with metal all day long and have for decades. Either you weren't putting out the ponies you say, or you're not telling the whole story. Maybe a race or two they be fine, but your rubbing a piece of metal on another without a harden spot. It won't last long, idc what anyone says, I have 30 years of metal behind me and billions of dollars of industry studies to back me up. I just can't see it lasting very long at all. Maybe a race or so, but not long term or reliable.

still not sure what I will do, the flathead is just an Idea.

I found a pretty sweet R/C airplane V-twin that has about 30cc in each cylinder, but the price is outrageous, I may just go the rout of one of the "100cc" kits.

I don't know about others, but I don't like the looks of the gas tank that comes with the kits.

Still can't imagine it lasts very long, even with the zinc. At least the plastic ones have a hard chrome coating. I work with metal all day long and have for decades. Either you weren't putting out the ponies you say, or you're not telling the whole story. Maybe a race or two they be fine, but your rubbing a piece of metal on another without a harden spot. It won't last long, idc what anyone says, I have 30 years of metal behind me and billions of dollars of industry studies to back me up. I just can't see it lasting very long at all. Maybe a race or so, but not long term or reliable.
The cam isn't the issue with those little engines, you'll float the valves before any serious wear occurs. Pull the cam and have it nitrided and get some strong valve springs to fix.

I found a pretty sweet R/C airplane V-twin that has about 30cc in each cylinder, but the price is outrageous, I may just go the rout of one of the "100cc" kits.

I don't know about others, but I don't like the looks of the gas tank that comes with the kits.
Most tanks don't fit an OCC anyway. Maybe a monkey bike tank, like I have on my XXXX bike.

Do you have a flat head? Prop it up in the frame and take a picture, but I'm fairly sure they would look great in there.

I currently have a briggs 3hp flathead in the frame, I have it mounted with angle Iron, It looks great, I just am running into space issues, but I can post a picture tomorrow. the engine has no carb or exhaust, and I was planning on a belt drive to a jack shaft if I stick with the flathead.

I currently have a briggs 3hp flathead in the frame, I have it mounted with angle Iron, It looks great, I just am running into space issues, but I can post a picture tomorrow. the engine has no carb or exhaust, and I was planning on a belt drive to a jack shaft if I stick with the flathead.
We love pictures here. We really do, the more the merrier.

the engine is also at angle because I don't want to modify the frame if I can help it.
You can have quite bit of tilt on the flathead briggs, the old vintage flathead race carts the engine tilted something like 20-30° degrees foward, if my mind serves me right. The flathead is a old work horse & hard to beat. A predator type engine would probably fit easier for you, but I think the flatty would look better.

Back