Schwinn Occ with 70's briggs flathead?

GW's Motorized

Local time
1:11 AM
I have a Schwinn Orange County Chopper I bought from a buddy for $75, I was thinking of mounting a 70's briggs flathead on it, it fits in the frame, but I think it's a bit large for the frame.

I am planning on going pedalless

I was also considering a 100cc engine kit from amazon.

Can I get some suggestions on what way I should take this.

I am planning on using this bike as a daily back and forth to school.

I have a Schwinn Orange County Chopper I bought from a buddy for $75, I was thinking of mounting a 70's briggs flathead on it, it fits in the frame, but I think it's a bit large for the frame.

I am planning on going pedalless

I was also considering a 100cc engine kit from amazon.

Can I get some suggestions on what way I should take this.

I am planning on using this bike as a daily back and forth to school.
You might want to check out peddlechopper.com he is the source for info and parts and bikes

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The whole fun of this Motorized Bike World is because we have 2 options, pedaling and using a motor..... peace of mind, if you will. Taking out pedals no longer makes you cool, nor would it help your situation when you're in the middle of nowhere at 3 in the morning as the motor suddenly cuts out. You access the situation and just remembered you forgot to take your cell phone with you, and now you're standing there staring at the pedal-less bike that, for whatever reason, you thought was a bright idea to take off. Tears begin to roll down your face as you reflect back on your life, the good times you had with dear ol' momma and how she's gonna miss you when you're no where to be found. Paranoia sets in, you're starting to hear noises from all around you...... could it be a grizzly bear? A pack of wolves? Or *gulp*...... maybe a ghost?!!! Yeah. Keep the pedals.

The whole fun of this Motorized Bike World is because we have 2 options, pedaling and using a motor..... peace of mind, if you will. Taking out pedals no longer makes you cool, nor would it help your situation when you're in the middle of nowhere at 3 in the morning as the motor suddenly cuts out. You access the situation and just remembered you forgot to take your cell phone with you, and now you're standing there staring at the pedal-less bike that, for whatever reason, you thought was a bright idea to take off. Tears begin to roll down your face as you reflect back on your life, the good times you had with dear ol' momma and how she's gonna miss you when you're no where to be found. Paranoia sets in, you're starting to hear noises from all around you...... could it be a grizzly bear? A pack of wolves? Or *gulp*...... maybe a ghost?!!! Yeah. Keep the pedals.
Like I said I am planning on using It as a daily to school and back, no more than a mile, and around town. If something goes wrong, I can walk it home in 30 minutes or less anywhere in town, and the more moving parts, the more can go wrong.

That is also why I am going towards the flathead briggs, they aren't efficient engines, but they are reliable.

if you use a 3o series tav you will need to machine a keyed spacer to adapt the 5/8 shaft to the 3/4 driver. gear ratio? what do you weigh? how fast do you wanna go? with a single speed trans i have problems going up a decent hill geared for a top speed of 25 mph with a 196lb vehicle and rider. a 2hp doesnt have enough displacement, being a short stroke engine, it revs hi and fast, but doesnt have torque. a 3.5 would be better, but a cvt fixes your acceleration and torque problem. if you run a 2hp rev up and let er eat, than gear down.

I weigh 180, and I currently have a briggs 3hp engine, I am just not sure how I should mount it in the frame. I was considering the 100cc kit, or a predator 3hp, that may be more efficient and easier to fit in the frame. I was hoping a max speed around 25-35 mph. I may be able to get ahold of a 2hp, I think a friend has one sitting around at his place, but I don't have much money to go towards this, so I would like to have a good gear ratio from the get go, not guess and check. I have a 60 tooth sprocket that might work.

if you use a 3o series tav you will need to machine a keyed spacer to adapt the 5/8 shaft to the 3/4 driver. gear ratio? what do you weigh? how fast do you wanna go? with a single speed trans i have problems going up a decent hill geared for a top speed of 25 mph with a 196lb vehicle and rider. a 2hp doesnt have enough displacement, being a short stroke engine, it revs hi and fast, but doesnt have torque. a 3.5 would be better, but a cvt fixes your acceleration and torque problem. if you run a 2hp rev up and let er eat, than gear down.
and the 2hp has a short stroke, it makes sense they would have high rpms, but is it possible to do head work to get more performance?

Back