Schwinn Phantom/Whizzer BUZZ

Here is my 68 Phantom. I wished it had more low end torque. It is the only Whizzer I own. Any Whizzes out thyrere ?????? I bought this bike 90% of what you see here. Did some mods, it goes about 43 mph level ground. I want to cruise up 6% grades with no prob. This set up won't get there. More torque please.......I don't care if it only goes 30 mph.....

Buzz left.JPG

Buzz right.JPG

Buzz Front.JPG

Buzz Rear.JPG

Bigger belt ring should do it.
And by the way that front pulley looks,it looks like it could get smaller,but unsure cause your cover is covering it. Wait. There it is. Dude. That front pulley is HUGE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulley Meister

I was hoping somebody would put that into perspective.... The belt ring on the wheel is at the limit for clearance. A smaller pulley might just do the evil deed. Can I buy one? Or is this another fab (&%&@$$$)

Sweet ride:D

Well spotted LF. I was wondering why as these babies have a 150cc motor don't they?

That is one sweet bike! One of these days I'll have to get me one of those engines. How does she perform??

Dan

Whizz performance

Engine is nice- starts easy runs very smooth sounds great. Not enough low end torque & belt squeeeeeels when stopped with the clutch in with motor running.

She's a beauty!
Repost (or move thread) to the Heritage forum, you'll get the help you need in there, as there are a few of us whizzer folks in there...

Attachments

• Broken down in WA1.jpg
    Broken down in WA1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 762
Back