Schwinn Phantom/Whizzer BUZZ

Here is my 68 Phantom. I wished it had more low end torque. It is the only Whizzer I own. Any Whizzes out thyrere ?????? I bought this bike 90% of what you see here. Did some mods, it goes about 43 mph level ground. I want to cruise up 6% grades with no prob. This set up won't get there. More torque please.......I don't care if it only goes 30 mph.....

Buzz left.JPG

Buzz right.JPG

Buzz Front.JPG

Buzz Rear.JPG

If you want more power, consider upgrading to the NE cylinder kit. A belt idler kit is also available to make the belts & clutch work better on the manual clutch model.
Quenton

Attachments

• UpandAway.jpg
    UpandAway.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 293
I keep a large parts inventory of both vintage and new generation Whizzer parts in stock. I currently have 2 NE cylinder kits in stock , however one of the kits is the last of the rare early versions with the 26 MM carburetor [same price]. The kit includes the cylinder, head, piston, rings, wrist pin, compression cover, new oil breather system, carburetor, intake spacers, NE exhaust manifold, & gaskets. The NE cylinder has a larger intake valve, bigger fins for cooling, and much better port designs than the earlier WC-1 cylinders. My kits are different than other kits because I install a special oil deflector to control the oil breather at higher RPMs. Another way to add extra power to the motor is available by using a high lift camshaft & mushroom lifters [yes I have them in stock].
Quenton

Attachments

• UpandAway.jpg
    UpandAway.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Back