Schwinn Point Beach owners, it doesn't get any closer!

Testors #1629 paint is as close as you can come to matching the paint on this bike. Dam close. Thanks to another member who's name escapes me at this moment....

Anyway here is my tank painted to match. BAD thing, gas will raise the paint in a heartbeat. So now I'm going to spray it with dupont clear to solve that. As soon as I find my "ACE" decals for the tank.

Attachments

• moto6.jpg
    moto6.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,402
Cherries & Cream! Looks nice!
What was your source for the exhaust pipe?

Thanks, she gets a LOT of looks when I'm out riding. I got the exhaust from bicycle-engines.com And I highly recommend them. The first pipe had a small crack or defect, and the pipe broke. They replaced it ASAP. Top notch seller in my opinion!

As a side note, I emailed testors last week. I felt the can of paint seemed a bit light, and just a hour ago I have another one on my doorstep. Nothing like having a back up can...

NOW decals!!!

Testors #1629 paint is as close as you can come to matching the paint on this bike. .... BAD thing, gas will raise the paint in a heartbeat. ....
Yeppers.
They took all the cancer-causing stuff out of paint, and now it doesn't work worth a ****. I have known of hot-rod car people who mix their own due to this.

More than a few companies that produce upper-end bicycle frames in the US still send them to China for painting, because China still uses the old-fashioned paint formulas.
~

Back