Schwinn Spoiler Front Dual Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
bars

Bars! Skys the limit! The bike in the background has12" bars. My tanks painted and mounted it today at Jims. I will post a pic tomorrow. Does the Toyota paint come in a spray can?

Well I do not know if it does come in a spray can but it was a toyota color I will get the tank on wednesday and get the paint code then we can see if duplicolor has it.
Yea man Bars I don't want to set up all the cables if I am going to change out the bars later. I would rather do it now. so I have been looking but it has not been easy. I dont want the Ape look so as a result I have only been able to find a few scant choices. I am thinking an11-12 inch rise might be the way to go. I would rather have about 6-8 inch rise. I found some nice low rider bars but they are stem mounted and do not have the spacing in between to fit the Spoiler's risers. here is one that I like but the spacing wont work

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/defaulthome.asp?Main=/partsmain.asp?Type=handlebars

go 5 down 4 accross

This is a possibility I am waiting for them to call me back on exact dimensions.
http://www.aztlanbicycle.com/lowrider-handle-bars.html
scroll down to number 9

I would go with Motorcycle bars but then all the issues concerning Diameter of everything else.

I mounted the second front disc and the rotor . Thanks for turning me on to the calipers. Hope to meet you at Jims in a few Weeks
Gene

Bars r hard to find with out the narling in the middle. I wraped chrome tape around mine. You might check motorcycle bars. If they r larger diameter jim can mill the blocks.

Yea I could find some sweet Motorcycle bars but I am more worried about the diameter of the throttle and the Brake Handles etc. Small dia MC bars are very reasonable.

tank

Pic of painted 1.2 gal. tank.

Attachments

• 03-14-09_1403.jpg
    03-14-09_1403.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 388
  • 03-14-09_1404.jpg
    03-14-09_1404.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 283
Nice tank!!! where is it from? The paint looks good to me in the pics are you happy with it?
On the dual caliper issue one caliper is adjusted almost as far in and the other is adjusted almost all far out. I am trying to figure how to equalize those adjustments. I am talking about the floating adjustment. I might have to shim one one side of the axle. I would like the floating adjustments to be equal and in the middle. What do you think.
Gene

tank

I got the tank from Just Tanks, 194.00. I am happy with the paint and Jim and Btett also liked. On my brakes I turned the float adjustment all the way in and then backed it out 1/4 turn on both, seem to be ok.

I will have to mess with those adjustments. I was going for the least amount of drag when spinning the wheel. I am very close to going with 1 inch Bars. There is an old style one cable throttle for 1 inch handle bars. Some handlebars are bigger but they reduce to 1 inch at the controls. But I will look for 1 inch throughout. I have to solve the integrated kill switch problem however. I wlll post links when I decide.

Well I got the tank back from the Painter and it looks great. He took the time to strip off all the old paint and started fresh. The paint is Toyota Satin Black Metallic DBC 9756 PPG
To me and the Painter it is a match to the stock paint. It is also called T205 but Dupli color does not have it in cans. I did find this site however that carries it
http://www.brandsport.com/toy-00258-00205.html I decided to go with the 1 inch Motorcycle bars and I am waiting for them I also ordered a single cable throttle to deal with that problem but I need to figure out how to mount a kill switch. I decided to use 4 inch really beefy Denis Kirk Risers to get the Bars above the tank. Well that is the latest report from Punta Gorda. I hinted to Jim there should be Billet wheels with real tires in our future. Maybe the Fall?
Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back