Schwinn Stingray Chopper - Finished

I finished up my bike this past weekend.

Schwinn Stingray bike w/my black paint job and varnish.
DAX 70cc Engine Kit
Motor mount from barry0070_70_0 on eBay.
Livefast Motors Sprocket Adapter (eBay also)
44t Sprocket
Modified seat to sit farther back.
Bent exhaust w/MAPP gas.
Schwinn Speedometer from Target.
Chrome tank mounted with L-brackets.

The bike rides pretty nice. I'm really surprised that the cheap chinese motor works so well. I bought a new Schwinn fork with brakes which should be arriving soon. It should greatly improve my stopping power. Seat mod is here..

http://www.chopperbicycle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3027&highlight=stingray

The seat isn't nearly as strong as it used to be, and the back part isn't stable if you sit too far back, but it works. My knees don't hit the handlebars anymore, so I'm happy. I have an exhaust pipe from Barry on eBay as well, but haven't installed it yet because it needs to be bent to line up properly, quality stuff that guy sells, psh. His motor mount worked great though. As you can see I cut down and reused the stock bar grips. The kit ones are toxic rubber, I believe. Ew.

Yeah, I gotta take pics of the other side. Soon..

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    716.8 KB · Views: 21,206
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    548.9 KB · Views: 35,438
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    672.3 KB · Views: 26,924
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Thank you.

Dare I get a 32t or 34t sprocket for this thing, or should I stick with buying a 36t? Keep in mind it's a 20" wheel. Right now top speed is 25 or so, but the engine isn't broken in yet.

EDIT: looks like spam to me...NO billboarding!

Last edited by a moderator:
FX. I belive this is a thread about Mxlew's build. Do you have something to say about it?

OOPs, sorry, I should have started a new thread for my own bike, and I was going to leave a comment, but got carried away with my own thoughts. His is a nice bike (looks nice with the flat black frame with the chromed parts). My apologies for getting off-track....

I finished up my bike this past weekend.

Schwinn Stingray bike w/my black paint job and varnish.
DAX 70cc Engine Kit
Motor mount from barry0070_70_0 on eBay.
Livefast Motors Sprocket Adapter (eBay also)
44t Sprocket
Modified seat to sit farther back.
Bent exhaust w/MAPP gas.
Schwinn Speedometer from Target.
Chrome tank mounted with L-brackets.

The bike rides pretty nice. I'm really surprised that the cheap chinese motor works so well. I bought a new Schwinn fork with brakes which should be arriving soon. It should greatly improve my stopping power. Seat mod is here..

http://www.chopperbicycle.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3027&highlight=stingray

The seat isn't nearly as strong as it used to be, and the back part isn't stable if you sit too far back, but it works. My knees don't hit the handlebars anymore, so I'm happy. I have an exhaust pipe from Barry on eBay as well, but haven't installed it yet because it needs to be bent to line up properly, quality stuff that guy sells, psh. His motor mount worked great though. As you can see I cut down and reused the stock bar grips. The kit ones are toxic rubber, I believe. Ew.

Yeah, I gotta take pics of the other side. Soon..

Back