schwinn stingray .

Yet Another Problem!!!

OK I AM GETTING REALLY FRUSTERATED WITH THIS BIKE NOW... i was just riding my bike. i shut it off to talk to some friends. i start it up, it only tops out at 15. a whell its the choke haha silly me. nope. then it just dies no warning no nothing. so i get home i look at the carb and fuel is dripping out. i open up the bowl to check on the float. not stuck. i have a general knolege about small carbs the only thing i can think is mabey the jets or mabey bad gas? before i go ripping into a carb that ive never seen before can some one tell me what to do? ive never used a carb with the throttle inside ive only used other carbs like the type found on mowers and my minibike. any ideas? i looked at the carb nothing seemed out of order. if there is a post on this topic please point me to it, i havent had time to look, i need to go back outside to make sure my shed doesnt blow up, cause the darn carb is drippin gas every where. p.s. i have been real gentle on this engine, its never in my riding it been up to full throttle and i have it up to 99.9 miles. one more thing it might have been the fumes probablly was i was in a smalll shed. but the gas smelled like carmel lol or mabey peanut butter

the 1st 1 is the hrs spent with the engine
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/eltatertoto/hrs.jpg

the 2nd is the avg speed
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/eltatertoto/speed.jpg

the 3rd is the distance travled
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii274/eltatertoto/dst.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i let the fuel drip out and came in to look at posts and i will clean my carbie tommro but any sugguestions will most definitaly be appreciated

thanks norm, i wish i had known to do that before i had got this bike.... i dont have an inline. ill flush out the tank, but its so cold 'round here if i tried to flush out the tank my hose would explode (hose is frozen) and i doubt my ma would want me to bring a gas tank into the tub lol espically considering my parents smoke lol i think ill just drain the tank and clean out the carbie and put an inline filter for now... and wait til spring for the rust remover, i didnt see any rust when i got it though. but i might not have seen it all.......:rolleyes:

i merged your 4 topics into one single "build topic"...no need to start a new topic very time you need help...whenever you have something to add or a new problem, just "reply" to this one, someone will come to the rescue :)

i merged your 4 topics into one single "build topic"...no need to start a new topic very time you need help...whenever you have something to add or a new problem, just "reply" to this one, someone will come to the rescue :)

my bad augi got it:cool:

Congrats Norm on the big 100 senior member status:D

I have to repeat the statement, check ALL your nuts and bolts. Bike and motor alike. Be sure your sprocket is properly aligned. You are still in the break in period (where it seems the most breaking occurs). Happy Times are close at hand, and will make the frustration worth it. Trust me, well trust anyone who owns a Happy Time.:D;)

thanks again and if you rread the 1st post in this thread i am now burning through the night on how to do a time lapse.... i really want to do it i think it would be intresting and no one has done it before...:rolleyes: edit guh i tried to install software and it wont work, there is tons of software on making timelapse with a webcam etc but there is only 1 software i know of that lets u turn a normal vid into a time lapse..... oh well just normal vids i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
well isnt usps grand pshyc! i just got off the fone with my post office and they said there GARNTEED 2-3 day shipping got held up so my mount and muffler better b gettin here tommro.... thats when my engine kit gets here (fedex) :) but if my engine gets here and my mount doesnt you will be hearing some seirous venting i HAT HATE HATE! usps there tracking NEVER works..... i am frusterated cause i spent the night till 2 on a skool night working on somthing i cant use! oh well i guess if it doesnt come i will be visiting the white zoneVERY shortly....:censored:

Back