Schwinn with Go fast boy kit

Finally got my schwinn finished. Afew slow downs along the way. The motor did not fit between the front and seat post well so I attached to front tube and made a mount for the rear. After I had it mounted I found my chain was about 6 inches too short so off to TSC for a 10 ft chain. I had found some slightly used wheels and put new tires on it. The handle bars are Longhorns with a springer. I had to cut the seat tube off because of the rust and just could not get it out. Cut it off and made brackets for front and under springs in the back. Handles a little shacky but fun to ride. During start up it fired right up and only minor carb tuning had it idleing fine. Makes a bit of gear and chain noise but I guess that is normal from what I hear. Was a fun build and kit from boy go fast is acceptable. Next one will probable be a honda 50cc with belt drive or mabey a electric hub drive. http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x242/coduty3/1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty creative what you did with the seat. I like it and I love that frame.
My past experiences with stuck seat posts was to put some oil in between the tubes and let it soak(that takes a while) use a cutting torch to heat up the tube then use a pipe wrench with a cheater pipe and spin it. Not everyone has a cutting torch and I think your setup is totally cool. Good work and have fun!

I tried all that except with a hot torch I use for plumbing and when I put the cheater on it I twisted it bad so off it all came.

Back