#schwinnarrelli

20200930_142251.jpg

20201011_160343.jpg

20201121_131846.jpg

20201014_091838.jpg

I've repaired cracks like this on both side rails. But my frame didn't crack until after 10 years and 30K miles

Tig weld the crack Then weld the top tube to the side rail tube 1/2" past the crack.

Ya better check the rest of the frame for cracks. After the side rails crack the top tube is next to crack.

After ya weld these cracks, the side rails might crack by the rear of seatpost Keep an eye on it. I've had that happen too

I also found a crack in my top tube close to the frame neck. I welded a TAG over that and welded it into the neck.
So over all I welded 4 cracks in my frame. All repairs were made 5 years ago and I now have over 38,500 miles on my Whizzer M/B

Last edited:
I've repaired cracks like this on both side rails. But my frame didn't crack until after 10 years and 30K miles

Tig weld the crack Then weld the top tube to the side rail tube 1/2" past the crack.

Ya better check the rest of the frame for cracks. After the side rails crack the top tube is next to crack.

After ya weld these cracks, the side rails might crack by the rear of seatpost Keep an eye on it. I've had that happen too

I also found a crack in my top tube close to the frame neck. I welded a TAG over that and welded it into the neck.
So over all I welded 4 cracks in my frame. All repairs were made 5 years ago and I now have over 38,500 miles on my Whizzer M/B
I caught the cracks right after It happened so fingers crossed that's the extent of the damage. Launched the bike running around 55 mph. It's a spot in the road where they did some road work and the pavement sunk. Don't have tig but plan to plate the area and run a 0.120 wall DOM full length seat post.

@Street Ryderz
Running the stock China cdi. The bike developed an air leak at the reed from a cracked gasket. Soft seized it on my way to work and figured the hell with it and ran it anyway. The other times I had the head off there were no signs of detonation. Not saying the cdi isn't an issue.

Back