Schwinnn yiiiing ying ying ying

Status
Not open for further replies.
New build coming. Bare bones, bike with an engine and the chain guard lol. Thats it. Going to get a stretch and drop. May make my own springer seat. If the stupid occ chopper doesn't sell this weekend the fork legs are getting stolen from that. Big brakes are planned. Hope 225mm rotors. Would like hydraulic but that will take some work or a lot of cash. Been working on the new engine here and there. Another case reed but my way. It's going to be a slow start until the other bike is sorted.

Wow, no comments. 😟

So here's what is going on. Wanted a real case reed on a cg case. No s**ty spacers with Chinese reeds and definitely not the billet case. That's not a China girl any more in my opinion. Cool engine but not for me right now. So I had started looking for different reed blocks and not much popped up besides dio reeds and the arrow block with the am6 reeds. Started looking at just the am6 reeds and these yz85 vforce reeds came up. Used but in great shape. $60 and there were mine. Before the purchase I had found a blueprint of them and they are just about perfect. Lot of work went into stuffing them down close to the crank but it's going to work out great.

Awesome! I was supposed to snag a second steel Hyper frame with plans of a 29" dropped and stretched lowrider but it fell through :(.

That reed setup is badass, wish I had a welder for aluminum since I really want to make my own proper case reed as well.

Be careful where you order the SKF bearings from - they are the most counterfited bearing around. Might be worth sending a quick email to SKF with the UPC and some pics to make sure they are authentic since I have seen people be burned before with knockoff bearings that fail.

Awesome! I was supposed to snag a second steel Hyper frame with plans of a 29" dropped and stretched lowrider but it fell through :(.

That reed setup is badass, wish I had a welder for aluminum since I really want to make my own proper case reed as well.
No welder. Got muggy weld super alloy 5 and it's more solder but it has a flux. Did a test piece with a couple joints and seems to be better then what I used on that gas tank. You'll like how I do the case.

From the packaging the bearings are real. They seem to be nice and smooth. Maybe I will contact them. *edit* bought them from skf on Amazon lol

Are the hypers all gone now?

Last edited:
Well done, that looks fantastic. That's going to be a bad ass engine when your done building it. I don't know about the US but they still have the hypers here everytime I go Walmart I always check them out.

Thanks Chris. Haven't checked on the hypers lately. If I get sent home because of the rain, would like to start on the fixture.

Found a place that bends dom tube for a reasonable price. Might have a hoop bent for the chainstays.

WOW great job so far. Wonder what your total cost in the motor will be when done? I'd like to see this thread to it's conclusion and a vid of how it sounds and the speed it's capable of. The cassette on that frame looks like it's shot. Will you replace it with a cassette or a fixie? Ya know I've never thought of euro made bearings, just Chinese or japan. Dunno if they're even made here in the USA anymore. Always thought Timken was the best to my knowledge. Of coarse the germans must makem and would have to be quality made. Besides cars the French kickass in making good stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back