Schwinnn yiiiing ying ying ying

Status
Not open for further replies.
New build coming. Bare bones, bike with an engine and the chain guard lol. Thats it. Going to get a stretch and drop. May make my own springer seat. If the stupid occ chopper doesn't sell this weekend the fork legs are getting stolen from that. Big brakes are planned. Hope 225mm rotors. Would like hydraulic but that will take some work or a lot of cash. Been working on the new engine here and there. Another case reed but my way. It's going to be a slow start until the other bike is sorted.

WOW great job so far. Wonder what your total cost in the motor will be when done? I'd like to see this thread to it's conclusion and a vid of how it sounds and the speed it's capable of. The cassette on that frame looks like it's shot. Will you replace it with a cassette or a fixie? Ya know I've never thought of euro made bearings, just Chinese or japan. Dunno if they're even made here in the USA anymore. Always thought Timken was the best to my knowledge. Of coarse the germans must makem and would have to be quality made. Besides cars the French kickass in making good stuff too.
Thank you. I use skf or timken for auautomotive if available. Nachi, Fag and skf make awesome bearings for these bikes.

Most likely using the same hubs that are on my huffy. Just cheap hubs from Amazon but converted the rear to sealed bearings and a half inch axle.

Have less then $150 into the engine now. PW80 cdi will be about100, head 65, and odds and ends.

No welder. Got muggy weld super alloy 5 and it's more solder but it has a flux. Did a test piece with a couple joints and seems to be better then what I used on that gas tank. You'll like how I do the case.

From the packaging the bearings are real. They seem to be nice and smooth. Maybe I will contact them. *edit* bought them from skf on Amazon lol

Are the hypers all gone now?
They are back in stock but price went up to $120. I had a customer I built one for last year say he was gonna swap all his stuff to a chopper and was gonna sell me just the frame for real cheap but he stopped contacting me so I guess changed his mind.

Went on a little spending spree today. New stroker crank ordered, low pin piston, bunch of gaskets, another sleeved cylinder and a used PW80 cdi. Going to try a short rod engine for a change. If my imagination works right then the higher piston speed will make the same amount of blow down in degrees, have a shorter height. That would allow the roof of the exhaust port to be lower which in turn raises compression. Might be totally wrong but I will test the theory by marking a cylinder with the long rod crank and then checking it with the short rod. Also plan on picking up a 5.5 Fred head and a couple of valve springs for clutch springs next week.

Might put the long rod stroker in the cranbrook...

Well all the parts came in. Going to check my theory sometime this week. PW80 cdi is made by Mitsubishi lol. Think that will go on the other bike this weekend to try it out. Also have a new super charge cdi. Was going to get that other cdi to try but that aint gonna happen now lol!

Well all the parts came in. Going to check my theory sometime this week. PW80 cdi is made by Mitsubishi lol. Think that will go on the other bike this weekend to try it out. Also have a new super charge cdi. Was going to get that other cdi to try but that aint gonna happen now lol!
Mitsu make some of the best ignition components on the planet. Their crank triggers and hall sensors are used in GM's, Fords, Toyotas, etc from all the way back in the late 80s till now.

5.5cc Fred head, BMW side covers and new round port exhaust gaskets ordered! Hopefully the other bike stops giving me s**t and lets me work on this one over the weekend. Swear the cranbrook is jealous.

Also brought home a left over I beam from work to build the frame jig on lol. Sent out an email about having a hoop bent from 1" dom tube for the chainstays. Haven't heard back yet.

I beam!

20190802_170028-1449x1932.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back