Scored a free Schwinn meridian trike today

Seanik

Local time
12:39 PM
First let me introduce myself, live in Erie Pa, have built 2 gas motorized bicycles in the past. I'm getting on in age 77 so decided maybe a trike is next. A lady had advertised a Meridian in Ohio for 100.00, when I got there she said , she didn't know it was in such bad shape and I could have it for nothing, just take it away. The fenders are missing, broken brake cable, front tire flat and probably needs replaced. It looks like a good candidate to motorize.
I need help on selecting right gas 4 stroke motor and sprocket size. I would like 15-20 mph tops, ability to climb hills, I weigh 250.. I thinking a 79cc trike kit from Kings motors at 189.00, 212cc probably overkill. I really don't like the pineapple/rag joint sprocket connection to the spokes, Thinking a sprocket adapter on the meridian left wheel hub, looks like 3/4" diameter? any suggestions here and where to buy such a thing? Also the old bones don't like the bumps thinking a springer front fork, don't see much on the net, pro or con? I'm not a hardcore rider just short occasional rides through the local college to check out the coeds.

First let me introduce myself, live in Erie Pa, have built 2 gas motorized bicycles in the past. I'm getting on in age 77 so decided maybe a trike is next. A lady had advertised a Meridian in Ohio for 100.00, when I got there she said , she didn't know it was in such bad shape and I could have it for nothing, just take it away. The fenders are missing, broken brake cable, front tire flat and probably needs replaced. It looks like a good candidate to motorize.
I need help on selecting right gas 4 stroke motor and sprocket size. I would like 15-20 mph tops, ability to climb hills, I weigh 250.. I thinking a 79cc trike kit from Kings motors at 189.00, 212cc probably overkill. I really don't like the pineapple/rag joint sprocket connection to the spokes, Thinking a sprocket adapter on the meridian left wheel hub, looks like 3/4" diameter? any suggestions here and where to buy such a thing? Also the old bones don't like the bumps thinking a springer front fork, don't see much on the net, pro or con? I'm not a hardcore rider just short occasional rides through the local college to check out the coeds.

I started the rehab on the Schwinn Meridian trike and found more problems, decided to replace all 3 tires and tubes, also ordered front and rear brake cables. The Fork stem bolt hex head was rounded as was the handlebar adjusting bolt, I will go to the local bike shop for replacements.
I plan to motorize with the 79cc kit sold by Kings, I want 15-20 mph, any suggestions on sprocket size is appreciated!! I weigh 250 and need to climb fairly steep hills. I wonder if 60T is enough?

Any advice is appreciated
Seanik

I started the rehab on the Schwinn Meridian trike and found more problems, decided to replace all 3 tires and tubes, also ordered front and rear brake cables. The Fork stem bolt hex head was rounded as was the handlebar adjusting bolt, I will go to the local bike shop for replacements.
I plan to motorize with the 79cc kit sold by Kings, I want 15-20 mph, any suggestions on sprocket size is appreciated!! I weigh 250 and need to climb fairly steep hills. I wonder if 60T is enough?

Any advice is appreciated
Seanik
MBReble is back on line & has the all the stuff your lookin for + MBReble.com

Back