Scored cylinder!!!

DieselTech

Local time
10:39 AM
This is pic of cylinder running 16:1 break in fuel after 20miles of 1/2 throttle & few occasional blips of throttle. Is this something to worry about.
20210922_161337.jpg

Lines in cylinder would be square to wrist pin I would think, & I would think damage would be worse than that also. You can't feel Mark's in cylinder with your finger nail either.

Does the CDH steel sleeve cylinders run chrome rings, the rings were black as coal when new like a standard old cast ring. I'm going to go run it some more, can't do nothing bout it now, unless I hone cylinder & re-ring it.

I've had a couple with marks that you couldn't feel that ran fine, one is the fastest 48cc I've built.

Well I ran bike another 20 miles or so, felt like engine was getting stronger by the mile, I'll pull head off in morning & see if it got any worse.

That sucks they should be chrome in a steel/iron sleeve, less resistance better wearing/conforming. The marks are probably just imperfections in the bore or the rings, they may not hurt anything atm just keep an eye on it.

Back