Scottsdale AZ Police Want To Jail MotoredBiker!!

Torques man, I surely hope that you end up seeing this matter to the end and that the result is a victory for you, us, justice in general and all that...Hmmm, I won't pry, but can tell you that my lil semi-anarchistic mind set is brimming over with imagined scenarios of what your 'other projects' might entail...Good luck bro...

Good Argument before the Judge

Your Honor I wisht to respectfully inform the Court, I use this bike to get to work. NAFTA has taken away many of my employment oppertunities and now the USA must be competetive. Our wages have suffered and the price of gas is through the roof.

Therefore your Honor I did the most American thing I can do. I am simply doing the best I can to compete with the 3rd world labor market. I was trying to get to work as cheaply as possible.

Even our last couple Presidents have noted We need to be competetive in the Global Marketplace. Be sincere and thank the Court for taking this in consideration of your other arguments. The right Judge, You might be supprised!

Also when this is all over and you are cleared, it's time to drop the lawsuit on Scottsdale and also get the judge removed. (Would say disbarred, but do judges get disbared or only lawyers?)

The lawsuit payout will more than recoup your costs.

The radar thing is such BS. I've been pulled over and let go, and the cops have not ever been able to clock my speed. It's hard to clock a bicycle, and as far as going 19mph, I can even pedal that fast while pulling a heavy 50lb bike trailer, it's so easy to go near 20, motor or not.

Good luck Torques, don't let the authorities hold you down from your freedom!

I'm all with you guy's here on this one but my one issue is ( not to sound anti American ) but If this cops supposed to be upholding the laws how can he do that if he has no clue what hes doing?I guess you just make s**t up as you go and see if that person being accused of has enough money to rightfully represent himself in a court of law and if not... well more money for the city to put more ignorant uneducated patrol men on the street and it seem like they need more seeing as how theres so many criminals they have to pull a old guy on a bike over and wast time money and more so the courts time our time and now the mayors time maybe they would like us to ride our bikes in 65mph traffic and just soon be done with us I really think every state needs to come up with something as WE are growing as a group of people looking to find alternative modes of reasonable and fair transportation for whatever the riders reasons may be gas, money, license,hobby, it doesn't matter we have the right to be mobile and do what is safe and within the legal rights but before we can do that we need guidelines and something set in place so that next time the ill informed police will learn and not wast our hard earned tax dollars on petty **** such as this its a shame our country has come to this whatever happen to fighting crime and protecting the people! not harassing the innocent and looking for petty crimes ? theres still laws all over that say we should be jailed for what goes on behind closed doors! anyways I'm sorry but I feel very strongly about this subject as I am lucky to live in the state I do where you can do just about anything you want still but I see other's out there and just think its wrong. JUST LEAVE US BE WERE NOT HURTING ANYBODY! We may just be doing some good?

I went to the remand/sentencing hearing this morning and was resentenced to 48 hours in jail. I report to jail Monday. I have other things in the fire I can't talk about now. I will tell you later....to be continued... I am grateful for the support that has been shown to me and hope at least the effort, myself and others have put into this will pan out now and protect citizens' rights in the future. I thank all of you who have offered positive thoughts and prayers. Stay tuned, it's not over.

Last edited by a moderator:
48 hours in the tank eh?? Sheesh, what a crock of bull. Well, at this stage in the game, all I can offer is my condolences, moral support, prayers, etc... I'm a bit more anarchistic than most, and here's what I would do as I prepared for my incarceration date... I'd do some legal research on just what your rights as an incarcerated prisoner are... If they toss you in some crowded cell designed for 4 people and there are 6 or 8 of you in there; document that illegality, then file suit immediately. I got sentenced to 2 weekends once. (deserved it for getting popped with no drivers license).. When I went to do my first weekend, they would not take me because they could not find the court paperwork about my having to turn myself in. I got credit for serving that time because of their error... As they opened the cell door to put me in for the 2nd weekend, (paperwork in order this round), there was a guy wandering around the common area, with a colostomy bag dripping traces of blood and whatnot. He was a prisoner known to have AIDS. I refused to go into the cellblock and told the officers that they had no right to subject me to a possible contamination issue... Told them I wanted to use my intake phone call to call the county health board, my lawyer, and the local paper... They walked me down a hall, put me back onto the elevator and dressed me back out, releasing me back to the street with my paperwork signed completed!!!---- It behooves us all to stand firm for our rights, cuz truly, it is the only thing that stands between us and systemic pseudo-fascism............. Godd luck Torques 'ya rabble-rousin-freedom-fighter-you!!!!

My last motion, a few weeks ago, will cost like 260.00 and the price for the sheriff to serve the papers on them was 40.00. I go to jail in the morning for 48 hours. I have to pay the City of Scottsdale 400.00 to stay there two days (we have to pay for staying in jail, regardless of which jail you go to). I had all the prices deferred temporarily because my disability income ceased in April and I was without income. Any donations would be appreciated to help pay these costs. I feel a little silly asking for donations but I need the help. I can accept Paypal @ doclivingstone@hotmail.com even without a donation, thanks for the moral support offered here.

I read some of this thread a while ago.....but I can't remember
what the dastardly deed was that you are getting 48 hours in jail for?

Back