Scratching my head and then I find I need Handlebar help

That rok shock or whatever fork has this weird gooseneck. I almost broke it trying to take it out by loosening the top nut and hitting it down like the way normal goosenecks go. But this thing is on a fixed nut in there and the gooseneck bolts to it.
I really don't want to go to a specialty shop to get the right gooseneck so a taller handlebar would fit up in there.
For now I may just leave well enough alone.
Anyone know how I can fix that?
It just hit me how I can fix that clutch lever to mount on the left. Move the left brake to the right so the right handles both brakes. Maybe I can even set it up so the back brakes go on first.
I'm just babbling. Excuse me.
(is it here yet?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my handlebar fix for now. A visit to the bike shop got me a riser and an adjustable stem for more than I payed for the bike,man. It was on sale,even. So it still seemed too far away so I inverted the stem to go towards me rather than away. Yea,I know all you die hard mountain bike riders are saying NO WAY,MAN but you know what? It's pretty comfortable.

And here's the handlebar I found laying around I want to put on my bike eventually so I can flip that stem back proper. The problem is though is the cables would get a little stretched out and the mont on the stem is too big. I want to look into maybe an adapter for that handlebar so it would fit. I could see a certain sticker I have laying around that would go pretty good right there...

Attachments

• 100_0057 copy.jpg
    100_0057 copy.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 100_0055 copy.jpg
    100_0055 copy.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 277
Handlebar help

Refering to this thread:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5737&page=3

I either need a BMX style handlebar that would fit this mountain bike stem(the stem is too big apparantly) or an adapter to make my handlebar work.
BMX handlebars are smaller than an inch in diameter? Cause I was led to believe that stem I bought can go from 1" to 1 1/4"
Does anyone out there have a fix for me? I would rather keep the handlebar I found out back cause it has a good geometry to it.
Thanks in advance!

pretty creative strategy, but no sneekin in the back way...just bump the existing topic instead of posting a new one guiding us here.

lol! i was just thinking about this one during an outside smoke break...i'm glad you understand...

the moddy staff is always available for moderation-requests (man, would that ever be a huge help)...if you want a post or topic moved, we'll consider it and accommodate if appropriate :)

would you like this thread moved to tech/mech-help? either or, it'll get it's fair share of views.

so, anyway, to get your thread back on track, i believe the question was:

Refering to this thread:

I either need a BMX style handlebar that would fit this mountain bike stem(the stem is too big apparantly) or an adapter to make my handlebar work.
BMX handlebars are smaller than an inch in diameter? Cause I was led to believe that stem I bought can go from 1" to 1 1/4"
Does anyone out there have a fix for me? I would rather keep the handlebar I found out back cause it has a good geometry to it.
Thanks in advance!

So it's almost 10 bucks shipping then 5 bucks for the part. The local bike shops don't carry it.15 bucks for some slivers of metal......I bet a coke can would work.
Just tighten it all down..
...and it's for free.
When all goes not well,Mickey Mouse engineering to the rescue!
I will take detailed pics of my rigging and will report the outcome.
It's gonna rule!

my .02 on that: i'd be trying to find something of the proper thickness so to have a single layer shim...i think using a wrap-style shim might allow for twisting in an emergency...wouldn't want those bars giving in when you're trying to avoid a stoopid cager!!

(old pots and pans can be a great source of material in various thicknesses, and it's usually just malleable enough to apply in your case)

Back