Scratching my head and then I find I need Handlebar help

Large, listen very closely to augi, dax and doc!! your enthusiasm is great but if you don't slow down and do it right, you'll start all over again.

I'm trying so hard to slow down. It's all done. I rechecked and doublechecked. I just came back from the gas station. 7 ounces of synthetic then one gallon over it so it will mix. I got the clutch thing figured out,greased just a dab around the contacts. I walked it around with the clutch in...needed to adjust it further in a tad...walks smooth now...oops. Chain fell off. I see why. Tensioner too far out. Moved it closer to the frame...walked around some more...chain stays on.
I'm feeling like I should put the gas in the tank then take it on it's maiden voyage. There's a nice downhill less than a block away from my house.
No. I will slow down. I am done for the day. Tomorrow when it's light out I will be all refreshed and ready to get her started.
I haven't even put them stickers on yet!
Looks like I'm done with this thread for now...I did see that 6.5 horse engine at costco for under a hundred....that trike is still sitting there.
Will take better pics for the gallery soon.
Did I mention thank you all? :D

(edit) I just took it on it's maiden voyage. :D It took 30 seconds of sputtering and getting my left hand on the choke and then it happened.
I instantly became hooked! One street over is that radar sign thing. It clocked me at 23mph.
I only did that once. So this things gonna go faster? UNBELIEVABLE.
Tomorrow I'm gonna recheck EVERYTHING.
I am so happy.

Attachments

• 100_0068 copy.JPG
    100_0068 copy.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
don't forget to vary the throttle a lot for the first couple of tanks (and try hard to avoid WOT )
the rings will seat nicely and your engine will appreciate it ! :D

yow! good news all over the board tonite!

that's great, L F, you just mind azkronic's advice...vary the throttle. and use 20:1 until the day you hear & FEEL those rings seat (i can't wait to see your post when that happens) :D

and avoid those downhill runs for now...pull the clutch and coast down at idle, & goose the throttle once in a while to keep things oily ;)

Hello

Good Job, like the other guys said, dont rush things,

You might want to break the engine in on non-synthetic oil, non-synthtic oil will seat the rings better, but there is some debate over this. I wont even go into what pre-mix is best! That usally starts a big fight!

Forrest

congrats on the first ride. I have been following this post and really like your enthusiasm. I have been there and I know the feeling of wanting the wait to be over so I could ride. As always it has always, for me, been worth the wait.

Break it in easy and it will get much faster and give you many miles of smiles:D

Back