Screaming Primary Gears, noise fix

Thanks for the cardboard tip bluecollar..... Did it last night and couldn't believe how much of a difference just a piece of cardboard could make!

Blime

Your welcome, Glade i could help.

Many years ago I was bothered by all the different kits I purchased making the same annoying noise.
I was flicking the Clutch cover with My index finger and could hear the echo or drum sound.
So I put two and two together and decided to take away the vibration space inside the clutch cover by packing it with inexpensive card board.
It works like a dream and the price is right.

Cheers:)

BlueCollarBike Bob

I'm contemplating a spray-on (in?) product like undercoating or bedliner. Could do both sides.

It would have to take oil and grease and heat of course.

But it's supposedly good for sound deadening.

I love this hobby. It is too bad there is no way we could all get together, would that be a blast. I think we could even make the news. Have fun, Dave

I love this hobby. It is too bad there is no way we could all get together, would that be a blast. I think we could even make the news. Have fun, Dave

we could call it International MBC day.
don't matter where you are, just ride and get a picture of it.
thanks to BCB, I'm going to get card-boarding soon.

I just put some cardboard in my case too, that gear whine is gone now! Brilliant! I also made a second gasket out of a cereal box too, as the case wasnt flat at all, this has taken that resonance away too.

Fastboy

I nominate the cardboard insert for the top mod of the year award. It took me ten minutes to do, and it was well worth the effort! My ears weren't ringing after my morning commute, and that alone makes this a 'must do' for any regular HT rider.

Wow!!! I'm gonna try this tonight when I get home from work. My only complaint with this HT motor is how noisy the gears are.

I might even dab a little bit of RTV on the clutch cover side of the cardboard to dampen the cover even more.

Back