Search results=a lot of old threads with different obsolete engine kits

Whitewill1412

Local time
7:14 AM
When someone new asks a question and someone in the know comments that they should use the search it baffles me. When I use the search I find a lot of old threads where the engines being discussed are obviously not the same as the ones available now. Those old ones had much cheaper components. 6mm studs, bad ports, multi piece cranks, closed transfer ports, poorly welded intake manifolds....... A lot of information found in these old threads really doesn't even apply to the engines I see now. When did the better quality kits first come available? Some of you guys that have been at this a long time have probably had experience with different quality kits. Are there sellers still shipping out the old crappy kits? I'd be mad if I got one of those.

It never hurts to learn the history and development of these M/B kits
When buying a kit research it before ya buy it so ya don't get one of those crappy kits your reading about
I am interested in the history. That's part of what my post was about. I'm wondering when the better quality kits hit the seen. The dealers that advertise all act like they have the best engines and they may be right, but I suspect they are all right. Seems the 66cc ones advertised are all the same kits. I mean the ones from reputable dealers.

Does anyone know when the newer better engines came to be? I'm sure it had to be a noticeable time. Had to be somewhere between 2010 and 2020. Someone had to be excited when they got one of the 8mm stud models for the first time.

Back