Searching for my idle issue...

MechMike219

Local time
11:19 AM
Playing where's waldo basically.. lol.. checking the seals for possible seepage and noticed this.. or didn't.. cover was still on so it's not lost.. it just never made it on there.. I'm not taking blame for weight reduction and possibly being the reason it runs so good.. it's a self adjusting magneto and I will be more than happy to sell you this kit for the low low price of $free.fiddy. limited quantity so get em before they're gone.. like this one is
20230105_121350.jpg

At least this time i glued the key in. i've put the mag on before and didnt double check to make sure the key didnt pop out and stick to the mag before i tightend it.. long story on that one.. we'll skip it tho.. but its still running great! found the issue too. i was out of loctite and the cylinder studs/nuts backed off a little so it developed a tiny head gasket leak. pulled the studs and used some blue threadlock. problem solved

cylinder studs/nuts backed off a little so it developed a tiny head gasket leak. pulled the studs and used some blue threadlock. problem solved
Actually, what happens is there is heat expansion and contraction during the heat cycles which effects the threads of the studs, both the top as well as the bottom...You have now used blue locktite on the bottom threads which should be just fine.

Be aware though that the top nuts on the head, need to be retorqued in an X pattern every heat cycle until the motor has finished it's break-in time.
Retorque the head only when it is cold and keep retorqueing for around the first 200 miles in order to keep things running correctly and avoiding leaks, lean running conditions, retaining compression, etc...etc.

i check em just about everyday. especially when i make my 40 mile round trip to my buddies house. which i just did a few hours ago, and bout to go back in about an hour. also, theyre old studs. so i dont expect them to have much time left. waiting for someone at ARP to email me back with a part number so i can order some from them

Back