Seat Improvement(Dramatic)

F

fetor56

Simply add a third spring to the front your existing 2 spring setup(if possible)
Under test conditions i deliberately when over known bumps at varying speeds & the difference was AMAZING.
I'll go for a further/longer test ride later but so-far no adverse affects;NO wobbling sensation etc.
p1010138.JPG

p1010139.JPG

As an update i went for a longer ride today & everything worked perfect.
For a fatigue softener this would have to be the best(and cheapest) fix imagineable.It probably won't work on all 2 spring seats but that doesn't take much figuring-out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks as though it would dramatically affect the tilt of the seat. Does it?
Not as much as u might think....the thick wire framework can also be bent at the front to compensate.
If in doubt Zev0 try it on a rubbish seat & see what u think....bet you'll never go back.

Where can I get a spring like that one Fetor?
I cannabilized an old seat to get the spring & i'll be converting another seat with the leftover spring.
Sit down with your spring & the seat & see if it's workable......probably most standard 2 spring seats are.
It took me 1.5 hrs to do the job but i'm SLOW.

Another converted seat for a dual-suspension MTB....gotta go out now but i'll let ppl know tomorrow how it feels.
P1010141.JPG

I have lots of saddles I've taken off bikes to replace with wide sprung saddles but none of those have a decent spring in them. They are all those weasel shaped things that have you walking bow-legged after 10 minutes of sitting on them. I'll have to look for an old saddle but few throw out bikes have sprung saddles. Is there such a thing as a spring shop?

Back