Seat options

Anybody have any better ideas on how to attach the rear part of the seat. I was gonna add brackets and bolt to the bars but thought I’d see if anyone has any ideas.

I do plan on lowering the seat about an inch or two so it sits more level

I don’t have a welder and very limited fabrication tools

Attachments

• 5540035D-7E85-403D-B83B-0D41D0759910.jpeg
    5540035D-7E85-403D-B83B-0D41D0759910.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 053BD62C-21CE-4DEC-892D-9B212B7CF1C6.jpeg
    053BD62C-21CE-4DEC-892D-9B212B7CF1C6.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 98
Anybody have any better ideas on how to attach the rear part of the seat. I was gonna add brackets and bolt to the bars but thought I’d see if anyone has any ideas.

Get some roll bar tube clamps in the size needed for your seat stay down tubes, then take some small metal tubing & smash the ends flat & drill a hole the it. Then clamp roll bar clamps to seat stay down tubes & bolt the the tubing you just smashed to clamp. Then run tubing up to seat pan to get a length, then cut tubing off & smash other end flat & then bend that end to match seat pan angle & bolt the tubing thru bottom of seat pan.
Screenshot_20220303-100428_Chrome.jpg

I was going to tell you something else, but that is just the wrong seat. The banana seat is better.

You can drop the bar down one notch on the bottom.

To me that under support plate separate from the seat looks funny on a Bicycle.

If ya could figure out a way to support the springs without the under plate, the M/C seat would look awesome on a bicycle

To me that under support plate separate from the seat looks funny on a Bicycle.

If ya could figure out a way to support the springs without the under plate, the M/C seat would look awesome on a bicycle
Yeah the motorcycle seat just doesn’t look right. I just wanted it to look better so I couldn’t admit the banana seat looks better.

I thought about removing the plate underneath but springs are 7 inches apart and my bike is only 4 inch wide. I think I’d still look weird.

I was going to tell you something else, but that is just the wrong seat. The banana seat is better.
Yeah you’re right. It’s just more sleek looking. I think I’m the future I’ll build a springer sissy bar. Doesn’t seem too difficult.

Back